Chapter 2: Ethan Cooley

The picture above is Ethan Cooley :)

***

  I stood there in the hallway looking at him. It wasn't until we made eye contact that I realized I was staring. I quickly rushed to my locker, and hoped no one saw. 

        I jumped when someone slapped my butt, knowing that it was just Alice. I turned to talk to my gorgeous best friend. She had long dark brown hair, honey colored skin, and her eyes were different colors. One was a bright honey color, and the other one was a light brown. Everyone thought she was the prettiest girl in our school, and she was. Without even trying. 

        I was always jealous of Alice. It got really annoying when all the guys hit on her, and I used to tell them to leave her alone, but that got tiring so I stopped. 

        "Hey" I said "guess who I just drooled over for 10 minutes". "I don't know... who?" "Ethan." I replied. She gave me a look letting me know that she didn't approve. 

        There wasn't anything wrong with Ethan. He was perfect, well to me at least. He's on the football team and hangs out with the jocks, so Alice thinks he's automatically an asshole. I've liked him since the 8th grade and I honestly don't think that there will ever be a day that I don't like him. It's not like we're strangers, we're the complete opposite actually. My older sister, Lonnie, is engaged to his dad's best friend's son, Travis. We've had classes together and have hung out at family events. I actually used to think that he liked me back in sophomore year. We had math class together and every time we had partner work, he'd ask me to be his partner. Eventually he didn't even have to ask, we'd just look at each other and choose a place to sit. But that all ended in junior year, when we had no classes together and didn't say a word to each other all year. 

        After Alice and I were done talking, I made my way to my first period, which was a free period, so I could basically just roam around my school for an hour. Instead of doing that, I decided to go for a run around the school track. I'm not a huge runner, but I occasionally go on runs. It's how I keep my body the way it is. 

        After changing I walked out of the locker room in my athletic shorts and my favorite sports bra. I started running, when i heard someone yell my name. I'd know that voice anywhere. 

***

"Uh hey, Ethan." I said, trying to hide my excitement. "Hey Sunny. I haven't talked to you in a while. How ya been?" I told him that I'd been good and that I had a good summer. "So listen," he said when I had finished "I was wondering when Lonnie and Travis were getting married" I thought about it before saying, "the wedding is in three weeks. You're going, right?" I didn't want to be too desperate. "yeah I am. I was actually wondering if you would be my date to it. Or if I could be yours, since it's your sister's wedding" he laughed after saying that, while I was jumping up and down on the inside.