EP - 63 - Consequences of Loving Him

Karthik reached the door of Ragini's room with a tray of food. The girl has been starving herself since Laksh left. She had constant tears in her eyes. She tried to reach Laksh on the phone, but he was switched off. She couldn't really call anyone else as the issue would blow out of proportion.

Ragini looked at her phone, which presumably displayed the picture of Laksh.

" Please talk to me Jaaan..." Ragini sobbed between her words.

Karthik knocked the door. Ragini composed herself, wiped off her tears and looked at the door

" May I??" Karthik asked. Ragini nodded in reply

It was really awkward for Karthik to handle this situation, considering the relation they share, despite being siblings. Yeah, things were pretty neat after their family time. Be it the game of dumb charades or their team up, they were fine with each other. But to console her or to even have a heart to heart talk with her was a difficult task. Maybe Naira or Mauli Bua would have done a pretty good job in that. But Karthik was determined to take up the task himself

Karthik placed the tray on the adjacent table and sat near her. Ragini was looking lifeless. She had dark circles under her eye and was concentrating on her phone. She wrapped her fingers tightly around the phone.

" Hmmm........Eat Something" Karthk awkwardly tried to break the ice.

" I am not Hungry" She smiled at him awkwardly.

"But your baby might be'' Karthik took her hand in his. Ragini looked at him hopefully. " We men have a problem, Even if the whole world turns against us, we would live on.... But if our lady disagrees with us, We will go mad.." Karthik chuckled. Karthik was surprised with himself that He took the side of Laksh Maheshwari and he could see the same surprise on Ragini's face.

" Don't look at me like that.." Karthik turned his face to hide his awkwardness

" See... I am not still a fan of your Laksh '' Karthik spoke after composing himself. But I think I can understand him in this situation, considering the way you two stick together.

Ragini nodded. " I know.... I Know that he is hurt , as he felt that I didn't trust him, But I seriously can't blame Papa, He was with us the whole day"

" I can understand....To be honest, I was really angry with him for behaving rude with Papa, But I couldn't really blame him. He had a double shock today, one because of your words and second because of your friend's accident." Karthik could really see fresh layers of tears on Ragini's face. She was guilty Even though she was not responsible for whatever happened to Laksh or Gautham.

" How's Gautham??" Karthik enquired

" Sanskar said that he is good. Rucha and Sanskar plastered him well." Ragini said, occasionally sniffing in between."I wanted to go to the hospital, But Sanskar and Kunal warned me against coming there. Sanky said that Gautham will be discharged and brought to Orphanage tomorrow in the evening. He asked me to come to the hospital in the morning" .

"Discharge,??? So Soon??" Karthik was surprised. "Wasn't he gravely injured??

"Sanskar was like Gauthamis having a fracture and has bruises all over. Sanskar didnt want to to discharge him for at least 2 days.But Gautham was whining all over about his shaadi to be held after 2 days. Amu too wanted to postpone their marriage but Gautham was very adamant."

" What??? Karthik was shocked." He wants to get married in this condition??

" Gautham doesn't like to change his plans.... Not even the smallest plans... so..." Ragini trailed off