Chapter 5

It had been a great deal from that same night when Niall couldn't sleep, he rolled around in his bed and barely got a combined 3 hours of sleep. What a pity it was that he didn't have any male friends at Ravenclaw house to talk to about the dining room mishap, the boys were close but Niall didn't feel like he could confide in them about this kind of situation. He didn't pay much attention to it before, but now that Louise did what she did, it was all the Irishman could think about, it wasn't an all too new feeling for him, but it did take him by surprise. Now that it was the weekend, the students of Hogwarts could partake Quidditch practice amongst other pastimes besides schoolwork, which was perfect for Niall to pay a little visit to the Gryffindor common room unnoticed. Everyone was admiring the new stadium so the teams decided to play friendly matches all day to christen it, Alvaro wasn't a sports fan as was Niall, so he decided to sneak into his friend's common room and straighten his head out. Since he was friends with some younger Gryffindor boys, he walked into the scarlet and gold room, and immediately spotted Alvaro reading a book in what appeared to be spanish since he didn't understand the title on the cover right away. He had to come very near him for his friend to notice him, Niall tapped the cover of the book for it to fall on Alvaro's lap and who gasped at Niall's sight.

"Jesus Christ, Ni! What in the living hell are you doing here?" Alvaro whispered, he didn't want to sound too alarmed to not raise suspicions, in case he got in trouble.

"Look man, I need to talk to you, it can't wait, it's about last night. Can we go to our spot?" Niall didn't need to give his friend any more hints than that, the prefect's bathroom was where they'd talk about their most secret affairs, since the school had built two new prefect bathrooms the Hufflepuff one was practically isolated now, so they didn't have to worry about anyone breaking in. Alvaro agreed and so they went sans the cigarettes this time, once the pair made sure the door was completely closed, Alvaro broke the silence.

"Ni, brother, you know I love you very deeply, but what could've possibly happened in less than 24 hours that you needed to see me? You know I have an appointment this afternoon with 'you know who.'" He finished his sentence with air quotes and wiggling his eyebrows, clearly indicating who he was talking about, Niall was too distracted in his own head and drama to notice the subtlety, which the latter decided to ignore and make his case to his friend.

"Look Al, I've barely slept all night if you couldn't notice, I haven't been this nervous about something so stupid since the beginning of first year. We both know I don't have much experience with girls, and if I don't think of a solution soon, I'll be looking like a zombie in a week's time. Please help me." Niall tried to put on the most please-help-I'm-a-poor-lamb-trying-to-get-some-help face he could possibly muster.

"Ugh, fine, but only because I like helping you in possibly getting laid, but we both know you're a long way from that." Alvaro stuck his tongue out at the end of the sentence, while Niall just jokingly punched his arm.

"You asshole! Come on, tell me your plan, or is it suddenly "make fun of Niall for not losing his virginity yet" day? I'm sorry, but we all don't have your same luck with being a total Adonis, we have to work with what we've got."

"Alright, alright, stop feeling sorry for yourself, man. You just have to get her alone, you said you want to do it as soon as possible, right? Why not today? It'll be totally spontaneous, girls fall head over heels for that kind of stuff, trust me, that's what I'd do." Alvaro's plan wasn't the most thorough, but it gave him room to make it his own, plus, Alvaro was right, because it would look like he spent all night thinking about her and needed to kiss her as soon as possible, which wasn't an entirely false statement.

"I like that, Al, I'll go find her, wish me luck!" Niall started to make his way to the bathroom door, he turned around when he heard Alvaro cough a little behind him.

"You don't need it Ni, now go hurry, my appointment is gonna arrive any time now." Alvaro winked at him as Niall turned back around and glided through the door and onto an almost vacant hallway.