District Two Reaping

Summer Lense's P.O.V.

"Dad we've got to go!" Spring, my sister, shouts.

"Okay. Summer, you know what to do." He says for the fifth time this morning.

"I know, I know." I mutter.

"You'll do fine." Winter, my other sister, says reassuringly.

The three of us walk to the square silently, not saying a word. This is the Ultimate Games. I can't believe I have to volunteer this year. But imagine the feat? District two would honor me forever and if I have to volunteer, I might as well make the most of it.

My father said we need to. My mom is sick so we need to cure her and we can't exactly afford it right now. Winter and Spring are worried too. We only have a couple of years, if that. My dad said that I volunteer this year, then Spring or Winter next year, and the last one the year after that.

Spring, Winter, and I are all triplets. I'm the better fighter of the three so I have to volunteer this year at the age of sixteen.

"Welcome!" Tantala Lace, our escort, shouts.

"It's time to pick our lucky tributes!" She adds. She plucks her hand in the big, round bowl and simply pulls out a slip with a name on it.

"Pen-" She says before she is interrupted by a couple of kids who shout, "I volunteer!" A beautiful and muscular girl walks up on stage followed by a bulky, tall boy that isn't bad looking either.

"I volunteer!" I shout late.

"Come on up." Tantala says. I follow up behind the two tributes and stand their waiting for my turn with the microphone.

"Artemis Cement, age 16." The girl says as she takes her seat.

"Quartz Stone, age 18. And I plan on winning." He grins. I should have known better. He's a blood thirsty career.

"Summer Lense, age 16." I say and then take my seat.

"Any other volunteers?" She asks but no one raises their hands. She shrugs and shoves her hand back into the bowl and pulls out another name.

"Apollo Cement!" She shouts. A muscular boy walks up on stage but his face looks familiar. Or should I say similar to-

"Apollo Cement, age 16." He says.

"Is Artemis your sister?" She asks.

"Yes. We're twins." He states.

"Well time for another tribute!" She says, encouraging Apollo to take his seat. She accidentally grabs two slips this time and reads them both aloud at the same time.

"Well this is odd.... Spring Lense and Winter Lense!" She shouts. No. I can't believe they have both been reaped.

"Spring Lense, age 16." My sister says.

"Winter Lense, age 16." Winter murmers.

"Are you guys related?" She asks, also pointing to me.

"Yes. We're sisters. Triplets actually." Spring states. Tantala then escorts us to the justice building.

*Dedicated to @MadeInWicklow! :) Did you guys like the twist I had of triplets? The fact that Apollo and Artemis are twins, Summer, Spring, and Winter are triplets, and Quartz is a blood thirsty career must have made this interesting :)*