District one reaping

**Sorry it's taking so long. I have another very active story so sorry if I don't update often. This chapter is dedicated to @MadeInWicklow for being awesome! :)**

Venus Lux' P.O.V.

"Mom, do I have to volunteer?" I ask.

"Yes honey. Being the victor of the Ultimate Games is a true honor." She grins.

"Fine." I say.

I walk to the town square and wait in the sixteen boy's section. The mayor is giving his speech but I'm not paying attention since he does this same speech every year.

"Now please welcome, Loretta Lovecott!" The mayor shouts.

"Welcome, to the eighth quarter quell. Now I will choose a victor since me and my family have been the best escorts you have ever had. Lorelli Lovecott almost had a victor in the last games, Pheonix Mayflower. But I will be choosing victors. Now usually I draw names before volunteers but that's a waste of time. Any volunteers?" She asks.

I shoot my hand up along with other kids. Not that many volunteers this year but might be enough to get by.

"You, you, you, and you." She says, pointing us out. Only four volunteers? Guess kids will be reaped this year.

I walk up on stage and wait for my turn to speak.

"Arachne Web, age 17." She grins.

"Ladina Gold, age 15." She yells.

"Clint Grace, age 18." He speaks.

"Venus Lux, age 16." I say and go sit beside my other volunteer tributes.

"Now since there are no more volunteers, it's time for me to reap two of you." Loretta grins.

She stick her hand into the orb and shuffles around a bit before she pulls out a slip.

"Niobe Smith!" She shouts.

A little girl slowly steps out and walks up on stage.

"State your name and age, sweety." Loretta states.

"Niobe Smith, age 13." She says very shakily.

She sticks her hand in the bowl again and pulls out the slip and read, "Lucia Crest!"

A tinier girl walks up on stage and says, "Lucia Crest, age 12."

She then escorts us to the Justice Building. These games are going to be horrible.