Chapter 20: The Second Run!

20 Chapters!! Yayyy!! The chapter dedicated to yhu_so_shy. Thank You for adding this book to your reading list!!

Comment and Vote! Any mistakes, let me know!

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

The hardest decisions in life
are not between good and bad
or right and wrong,
but between two goods and two rights.
~Joe Andrew

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

Cassandra:

Gabriella and I sat on my bed and ate our dinner quietly and nervously. My intuition told me that the war threats were a trap.  If they decide to attack the head pack tonight, we might just use that as a distraction for our getaway. 

Olive sat before us looking at us confused. Well, she was back to her guarding duty. "What is making you both so nervous?" She asked us with a suspicious glint.

I decided to speak up to avoid any suspicion. "I think the war threats are a trap, Olive. Don't you find it suspicious that they declared war on two packs claiming that they had a huge army? Now, the head pack is defenseless."

"Luna Cass, the head pack isn't defenseless. We have stronger wolves staying back. Then there's the Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and the Warrior, Mathew! What makes you think that we won't be able to fight back?"

I just shrugged my shoulders at her.

Hours passed and we talked about random things. 

I then watched Olive's eyes fog over. Whatever she heard, she quickly stood up with a growl.

"You were right. There's an attack at the border. We need to get you to safety!" She spoke and pulled me up. 

"Wait!" Gaby stopped her, "She needs her weapons and armor. We never know what might happen."

I just nodded my head while Gaby drew her sword out, "I'll take her up to the weaponry, Olive. You might be needed out in the field."

Olive growled, "I don't trust you."

Gaby growled back and snapped, "Well, I took my oath towards the Alpha! You must know that I'm willing to put my life on the line for the Luna! Just tell me where to take her..."

Olive assessed her for a moment and said, "Well, take her to the prison and put her inside the silver doors. As long as she's got the keys in her hands, nobody can break that door down. She'll be the safest there. There will be fighters guarding the front and back door of the packhouse. They'll help you get inside the prison unharmed." She drew a bunch of keys from her pocket and placed them in my hand. 

I felt surprised that she had the prison keys with her. She just shrugged, "Well, I was handed the responsibility of the prison security yesterday. The other fighter responsible for it left for the Claw Pack today."

I nodded at her. She returned the nod and took a deep breath. "I will go to the field to join the fight. You both get to safety once you visit the weaponry. Let's move!"

I was scurrying up the stairs along with Gabriella but not before she grabbed a small duffle bag from her room. We decided to leave the bunch of keys under Gaby's mattress. We reached the weaponry and I grabbed my Knives and Swords, strapping them in with a sword belt. I threw on some light armor. 

She then walked to the railing and looked down. She grimaced, "Too high."

She then grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the staircase again. "What's the plan, Gaby?"