Chapter 9

Yani Gellman as Ethan Gauthier

"So how do this thing work?" Jessie asked Tom.

"Well," Tom leaned over further to search his drawers, "it's a camera disguised as a digital clock. Ah, here it is."

Tom pulled out a normal looking digital clock with a long wire connected to it with a plug at the end.

"And the best part about it, is it doesn't run out of battery because it's plugged into the wall. So as long as we have power around here, it works. I synced it with my laptop a while ago already so it streams everything it catches on camera straight to my laptop." explained Tom, a proud grin breaking out on his face.

"This is sick," Jessie commented, taking the camera-clock from Tom. "So basically, we can just put it in plain sight, so when I play the prank, we'll catch Christian's reaction on camera?"

"Exactly." answered Tom.

"Let's set it up before he gets back then!" exclaimed Jessie.

The two of them made their way over to Christian's room and shut the door behind them.

"Where should we set it up?" asked Jessie.

Both of them looked around for a place kind of high up to place the clock so that it would capture everything going on in the room.

"How about the shelf above the desk?" said Tom, pointing to the wooden book case high above the desk.

"Looks good."

"Alright let's set it up then."

Tom climbed on Christian's chair and placed the digital clock at an angle, so that it looked outward at the whole room and so that the wire could be plugged into the outlet in the wall.

As soon as Tom connected everything up, the clock lit up with red numbers displaying the current time.

"There we go." said Tom, clapping his hands together, removing any imaginary dirt that had been there before.

"Thanks Tom." smiled Jessie.

"So what exactly do you plan on doing?" he asked.

"You'll see." said Jessie, a devilish grin on her lips.

--

Jessie carefully placed the ladder in the center of the room, directly beneath the wooden fan hanging from the ceiling. As she stepped up the ladder, her excitement increased. She placed the large paper package of flour at the top of the ladder and carefully ripped it open. She looked up at the fan and rotated the blades slightly so that they would be accessible.

Jessie carefully scooped some flour into the small, clear plastic cup she was holding and raised it high above her head. She slowly poured its' contents out onto one of the fan's blades. As soon as the cup's contents had been emptied, she dug the cup back into the bag of flour and spread it carefully along the same blade.

She did not want to add too much otherwise the flour would be visible from the ground when someone enters the room. She quickly finished up the rest of the fan's blades and smiled in success. She folded the top of the paper bag down to ensure that nothing spilt, and she carefully climbed down the ladder even though if she had fallen it would have been a short and painless plunge.

She folded up the ladder and carefully carried it out of Christian's room, being careful not to knock anything over with the butt of the ladder. She set it down right next to the door of the dorm, and began scouring the walls to locate the thermostat. In Jessie's dorm, the thermostat was located right outside the kitchen on the wall. However it was not in the same place in the boys' dorm.