Chapter 10 - Jack's POV, then Alex's POV, then back to Jack's POV

Jack's POV---

At exactly 8:00 am this beautiful Monday morning, I wake up and quickly shove a pair of jeans and an American Eagle shirt on. I slip on some vans and I walk down stairs. "Oh, hey mom." I say. "Hey honey. Want some breakfast?" "Yeah." She serves bacon, eggs, and toast on a plate and hands it to me. I start eating the bacon when she interrupts me.

"Jack told me you have a girlfriend?" She seems nervous. .

"Oh, yeah. I guess you could consider us dating.”

"Oh, okay. I just have to tell you- be careful. I know girls might take advantage of you, bu-"

"Mom, she's not like that."

"I know, but- I'm just warning you." She says.

"Mom! I know. I've been through it. I know."

"Maybe I could meet her." She says.

"Yeah, okay. You can't embarrass me or talk to her about 'breaking my heart'."

"I won't."

"I'll bring her over for Thanksgiving. 'Cause the guys are coming over too." I say. I didn't tell her about the guys.

"Wait! What!?" Before she can follow me, I grab my backpack and walk out of the door.

"Bye!"

I truly love Alex. I just let her do whatever 'cause I don't want to go too fast. It's like she's scared of falling in love. She kissed me and she meant it. But it's like she doesn't want everyone to know about us being together. When I was about to tell the guys we were together, she was nervous, even though I was just ‘pretending’.

I arrive at school, and see Alex and her friends walk into the school. I run to catch up with her and she turns around to see me sprinting over to her. "Hey Jack!" She says. She hugs me and I kiss her on the cheek. "Hey babygirl." She blushes as her friends freak out.

"I can't believe you’re dating Jack GILINSKY!"

"Vanna! Be quiet!" Alex says, grinning. "Oh, Jack?" She asks.

"Hm?"

"I won't be here next week... So you'll be alone."

I frown. "Why!?"

"My Great Great Aunt died." "Oh... babe I'm sorry." I pull her into a hug.

"It's okay. I didn't know her." We start walking inside, but Vanna stops.

"Alex. I have to speak to Jack. Go ahead in go inside." She says. Alex turns around.

"Why? Don't give him one of those speeches! I have my brother."

"Don't worry, I won't. I won't have sex with him either." She says and Alex grins.

"Am I one of those people who would have sex with a man who is taken?" They stare at each other for a long time. It actually makes me uncomfortable. "Okay, maybe. But not my best friends man." She says. Alex chuckles and walks inside with the other girl they were walking with.

"Listen Gilinsky. Alex likes. She likes you A LOT. She talks about you all the time. It makes me sick." I grin. She talks about me a lot. "Don't break her heart." She says. I nod quickly. She looks like she would hurt me if I did. "Kaykay. See you around." She struts through the doors of the school and I follow her.

Alex is at her locker exchanging books and I walk over to her. "Hola. What did she say to you?" She asks, grinning.

“Just telling me don’t break her heart and shit like that.” She nods.