zero.

-
start: 7/10/20
end:
-
extended summary:

the elder empire. a place filled with magic.

a place where mythical olympians—thought to have been mere greek myths—are assigned to children who reach the age of seven. these powerful deities are to protect the empire through those within.

the chosen and their patrons are destined to never meet. the only forbidden exception: rebirth. as the capital punishment, this has never been performed in olympia.
however once reborn, the deity shall be mortal and stripped of all abilities. only then can they freely walk the earth. only then can they be in the presence of their chosen.

when a child is assigned to an olympian, they will gain unnatural abilities that are samples of their god's power. the ceremony of seven is hosted a decade after patrons (and abilities) are assigned. once the chosen complete the ceremony, it is a guarantee that the chosen will immediately lose all abilities that were gifted to them. the chosen shall train and hone their abilities over the next decade until the date of the ceremony arrives. the 12 districts—each individually focused on strengthening abilities for each of the 12 original olympians—have trained thousands of chosen children throughout the empire's reign.

weaker deities are completely ineligible to patron.

but what happens when a weakened, exiled god... is assigned as a patron?

-
hi i came up with the general idea of this at five in the morning 3 years ago

this book is entirely fictional and is set centuries and centuries away from this time, meaning that this is supposed to be a mix of futuristic and ancient times, all in one. kinda like a burrito. a very bulky burrito. yum.