Chapter 2

When I got to school, everybody else looked at least nine years older than me. "How old am I?" I asked my, dad. "You're about nine," he answered with a shrug. "What?! But these people look about eighteen!" "Well, you're really smart."

     Maybe she forgot her smarts in this ordeal, so everything will go back to normal. 

       There it was again. That sharp shooting pain in my head. Some people had the nerve to think of me like that. I got to class and there were so many words going through my head at once, I almost fainted. The rest of the year went by pretty much like that.

                  .............................................................................................................................

       One year later, somehow I got accepted into Harvard. Within my second year of school, my professor told me about a drama trip to Germany. I thought that I would go, since a few of my ancestors were from Germany. So I went. It's not like my parents want me back home in Mississippi for the summer. Something tells me that I only got accepted for two reasons. 1: they want more students to come, and having a prodigy child at their school somehow helped that, and 2: my parents paid them a lot of money just to get rid of me.

       At the time I had lived with my parents because I couldn't live on my own yet, being twelve and all. So when I got to the airport, I had to turn in an unaccompanied minors form. The plane ride was as normal as it can be with telepathy.

       We landed around noon the next day. I was jet-lagged, so I took a nap. Later I woke up to a group text that said that we were all going to a museum in an hour. I took the time to shower and get ready and presentable.

        Before I knew it, it was time to go meet with everybody in the lobby of the hotel. We went to the museum. I decided to pop some earbuds in. I listened to my favorite music on my i-pod.

     "Bella Jones!" Uh-oh. " If you think that you know all of this, why don't you come up here and teach us about the Eiffel Tower!" Mr. Mac said with a smug smirk. "But we're in Germany." That wiped his grin right off his face. "Just do it, Jones!" I sighed. 

      I knew that this was going to be easy, since I had this odd skill. It was like a photographic memory, except with words instead of pictures and scenes.  Every class lecture, every debate competition. It wasn't just words that were said. It was also words that were on paper, too. I have a picture in my mind of every single word on all of my reading assignments, all of my English papers. This was going to be a piece of cake.

      " The Eiffel Tower opened on March 31, 1889. Although the Tower is now one of the Seven Wonders, it was not meant for beauty. Scientist used it to..." I trailed off.

        Standing off in the distance was a boy staring at me. He looked about my age. He had eyes the color of an impossibly bright shade of teal. The guy gave my gut an eerie feeling.

        I shook of the feeling and finished my speech. When I finished, I heard Mr. Mac mutter "Know it all" under his breath. As the group moved on to the next room, I went to the bathroom to splash my face with cold water. It is not possible for a guy to be so handsome and have such magical eyes at the same time.

         I walk down the corridor through the doorway when I see him again. It's almost as though he is stalking me. I turn around and try to stay in the corridor and hide when he appeared in front of me.

        It's almost as he flew. And why couldn't I here his thoughts like I did others?

         Then he spoke.

        "Are you a faerie?"

..................................................................................................................................................

Shannon Messenger and Rick Riordon must be rubbing of on me some how, cause I loved making you guys suffer with a cliff hange