Chapter One Part Three: The Sleepover

"Don't you think the greenery at your house is kinda eerie?" Dan asked staring at a bush that looks to be shaped like a manticore.     "Well, my parents are really into mythical creatures and other things like that, so it doesn't surprise me that they pay people to make plants look like monsters." Sienna rolled her eyes and continued to lead the way to the main house.
     "Your parents sure do have some unique interests," Alex added     "Sometimes I wish they would at least try to act normal." Sienna stopped suddenly, "Or you know at least try to get to know their daughter instead of just throwing money at her."     Alex and Dan take a moment to exchange looks of pity before continuing to follow Sienna who was know swinging her keys around her finger.     "I just wished they took an interest in me."
     Sienna unlocked the door and held it open to allow the others in. She locked it behind her and made her way to her room. Alex and Dan had simply decided to remain silent while gathering all the necessary items for the sleepover.
     Once Alex and Dan had their bags ready, they started the long walk back to the guest house. The only sounds had been those of Dan sighing, Alex grunting, and Sienna's quick pacing hitting the ground.
     All of the tension that had incubated the walk seem to subside the moment the guest house door opened.
     "I call air mattress!" Alex exclaimed while running into the living room.     "Why though?" Dan asked
     "It's not even that comfortable to sleep on."
     "I just like squishing the mattress with my body, and feeling the air move around." Alex imitated a squishing movement with their hands.
     "You, my friend, are weird." Dan pointed in Alex's direction.
     "Tell me something I don't know." They said, sassily placing their hands on their hips.The three of them continued to set up the living room for their preferred horror movie experience. Alex made popcorn and proceeded to add an excessive amount of salt to the bowl.
     "Do you want to die from od-ing on sodium?" Sienna asked, skeptically looking at the popcorn.
     "Dude, if popcorn's what kills me, then I win!" Alex says while trying to shove both pizza and popcorn into their mouth.
     "That is the most grotesque thing I've ever seen." Dan looks over at Alex with an expression of pure disgust while being slightly impressed with their crude action.
     "So, Alex, what movie are we gonna watch?" Sienna asked getting skittish as she took a seat on the left of the couch. Horror movies were not something she enjoyed.
     "Probably some 80's classics as milieu, because we need to discuss the student body president situation." Alex plopped in the middle of the couch, shortly followed by Dan throwing a blanket over both of their faces.
     "What about the prez?" Dan asked as Sienna peeled the blanket off her face.
     "Is he trying to mess with our system again? I swear Adrian Aveedo needs to stop meddling with something he doesn't understand," Sienna sighed in annoyance.
     "To backtrack, this ho had tried to interfere with our plan to run the school, getting on the council by manipulating people to like him, right? How adorable." Alex rolled their eyes. The sound of a slashing machete and a girl screaming, quietly residing in the background.
     "Also, I'm pretty sure every girl has a crush on him, making it harder to win over the cheerleaders this year," Dan stated, reaching for the last slice of pizza and promptly getting his hand slapped by Alex.
     "Save one for Sienna."
     "Yeah, whatever," He mumbled.     "You're right," Sienna said breaking the momentarily awkward silence, "it's always the good looking ones that are manipulative, it works in their favor, too."
     "Jocks will be easier to conquer this year, especially since he keeps stealing away their girlfriends." Alex held up a finger pointing to no one in particular.
     "Let's assign roles," Sienna said while flinching at the sudden appearance of the murderer in the movie. Flinching again when the giant figure proceeded to stab someone with a knife mercilessly.
     "Right..." Dan started
     "I call dibs on talking to freshman, none of you guys gets to mess with my files on students," Alex said narrowing their eyes and flicking their gaze from Dan to Sienna.     "Naturally," Dan sat staring at the tv screen.
     "That leads Dan to deal with our student council mole, and me to check up on the cliques." Sienna decided to stuff her mouth with popcorn making her choke on the kernels.
     "Dude chill out," Dan scoffed.     Sienna replied with an eye roll leaving them in silence to watch the movie.
◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇     After they watched two more movies, Sienna went into the master bedroom of the guest house which left Dan on the pull-out and Alex on the air mattress.
     Alex inhaled sharply and Dan immediately stopped them from saying anything. "If you even try to suggest something as ridiculous as playing truth or dare, or any other trivial slumber party game, I will pop your mattress."
     "Ugh, fine. You're such a buzz kill." Alex said in anguish.
     They continued the night in complete silence until they both fell asleep. Sienna already fast asleep in the master. Or at least that's what the two of them think.