☽ 𝟮 : 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗱 ☾

☯︎︎

3:22 pm

My school was roughly almost two hours away from home, almost on the other side of the city altogether, so usually it would take me at least three hours to travel overall, thanks to the added traffic on the highways and busy roads.

Living in a big city like Mumbai was horrible.

Any city for that matter was personally chaotic for me. The abnormal and continuous honking along with broad rage was a terrible combination. Not the to mention about the fact that there was no peace, and every corner had some drama brewing almost everyday.

I anyways liked nature more, or like small towns near villages. Being surrounded with polluted smoke and hot weather was not my taste, I preferred open spaces and cold winds of forests or gardens.

Heck, thanks to the lovely contribution towards literally anything existing now, I can't even see the stars at night because it was that foggy and dirty.

It was that bad, and I loved everything about stars and the galaxies, or space in general.

It always brought harmony to me for some reason. It was very weird. I just concluded the fact that I was a dope alien or something in my past life.

During the trips from school to home everyday, I would jam to nice music with my earphones, read something, or finish my homework for the day in the car itself. I think I was blessed to have this time to myself, where I wouldn't be surrounded with a toxic household or a toxic school life. No annoying school classmates, no parental pressure, no social standards, no pain.

You could call it self-investment, but I get to be myself in these hours with no one to talk to. Of course the driver is there every step of the way, but he doesn't talk to me either and minds his own business. So works for me.

I wasn't having much of an interesting life to be honest. I rarely had friends, I had no social media networks because I found them incredibly unnecessary, I didn't have any boy gossip, nor did I have anything fun in my personal life either. No family vacations, no weekend dinners, no anything.

Heck, I didn't even vibe with the people nowadays. I was always like an outsider, always in the shadows where my butt would belong every time. I was the black sheep, never understanding how the heck does society even work these days with the ongoing politics and greed, and just didn't agree with many things to conclude with.

I beg to differ the fact that I am...mundane and rudimentary compared to how other people my age would be. I mean, they would term me as the 'goodie two shoes' or the 'untouched' girl whenever I walk by them in the school hallways. I don't have places to go to and put a story about it on Instagram, and I certainly don't have more than ten people to maintain streaks with on Snapchat. Heck, I don't even watch Netflix. Some shows just really degrade my energy level for some reason, it was like I'm too prone to toxicity in my life.

I preferred something more out of the box. Possibly just like myself. I don't vibe with people because of their general opinion in everyday life. You have to have your first kiss at around 16 or 17, you need to have a boyfriend/girlfriend for 'apparent experience', and you need to have the summer glow ups everyone keeps preaching about.

I'd rather just draw doodles and eat popcorn for dinner while wearing Olaf pyjamas to bed.

Ah, the life.