CAT OR CUT?

Its Sunday mid-morning, the warm rays of the sun seep through the drawn curtains into the living room. I'm snuggled up under my man's embrace on our large grey couch as we watch our favourite TV show, Aliens From Pluto. Okay, I'm lying by saying that I'm watching it because I'm not. I'm soaking in the best feeling ever. The feeling of being loved and getting beautifully used until you're sore from all the sweet pleasures given to you on a bright morning like today's.

I lay my side of the head on his rock hard chest and let my ears listen to his heartbeat which is almost in sync with mine. Our breath slow and calculated. Saying I love this man is an understatement. I deeply love him. Just as he loves me. My eyes dart towards the hallway leading to our bedroom upon the sight of some movement in the hallway. I'm quick to notice a tail disappear in it. I quickly sit up disturbing the beautiful relaxing beast as I adjust myself on the couch. He's a beast as his body is burly. Well built in all the right places if you you know what I mean. He too adjusts himself looking at me with concerned eyes.

"Babe," I whisper looking up at him.

"Hm-mm," he purrs frowning.

He must wonder why my sudden retreat from his warm embrace.

"Did you see that?" I ask pointing towards the hallway.

"See what?" he asks as his brows furrow in confusion.

"I don't know. I'm just going to check," I say as I step into my slippers.

I notice the same tail disappear into our bedroom. It's black and it seems as if it's a cat's tail. We don't have many neighbours around our area. Just around five houses which are fifty metres apart each. So technically it might be from either of our opposite neighbours because they are the closest.

I slowly walk into the bedroom and look around but find nothing. My face frowns as my mind wonders whether I have been seeing my own things. Until I recall the space under our bed. Slowly, I lower to my knees and bend to look under it. My eyes almost ball out at the sight of the huge black cat with grey shining eyes that are staring directly into my eyes. I hoist myself on the nightstand beside our bed trying to take its presence in. It's unbelievable. It doesn't even seem bothered by my presence.

"Oh my God! There is a cat!" I shout alerting Trevor.

"A cat?" he asks sounding surprised and a little confused.

"Yes, it's a cat," I agree.

In no time, he pushes the door open and walks towards me. My eyes are still glued on the cat, which apparently is curling and making itself comfortable under our bed. Ignoring everything and everyone. Weird cat.

"Oh shit, you have a cut," he cusses as he remains still beside me.

"No, I don't," I retort facing up to meet his eyes.

"Yes, you do," he counters in a very serious tone.

He is probably getting confused or something if he thinks I have a cat. Sure I love them, but I  wouldn't bring one to our house without telling him.

"It's not mine," I grumble, bending again to take a look at the cat.

Its eyes lock with mine and I straight look up to meet better eyes. Those grey ones are a little scary and his dark ones are a little intense. Damn, he really thinks I have a cat.