THUNDER LOVE

Warning!!!

Explicit content and graphic language have been slightly used in this story. Mature rating only!

Raindrops. Pitter! Patter! Thunder!

Heavy raindrops slap my face as I run down the vast tea plantation towards the field where the goats have been tethered. I curse when my dog, Stoner, huge for his age tags at her legs making me fall face-first on the narrow path. Stupid dog doesn't even acknowledge me! He keeps running down the path as if he's getting a chunk of meat or something. I hate him right now.

"So much for having taken a shower before getting those damn goats," I mutter to myself.

It takes me a while before I stand and dust myself off the crunchy dry tea leaves and wet dust particles. The rain slaps my face harder with its increased force. It makes me hate my mother for tethering them so far during the long rains period. The damn rain pours so fast you'd think it didn't issue a swift warning. Stupid rain!

Mom should know a little fact. Whenever I come down here, things never end well. Either I prick my soles on the merciless datura, fall face-first on the ground, have my ass kicked by a less than twenty kilos goat or have a freaking roaster from the neighbourhood chasing me around like I'm its prey! Never once have I ever come down here and went back home untouched. I even doubt that ever will happen.

My legs work their best not to have my canvas shoes slipping and dropping my ass on the ground. I freaking appreciate that a lot. Keeps me from screaming and abandoning the goats as I head back home and cry so that mom can get them by herself. As if she would. Once I get to the goats, I untether two before a familiar voice calls my name.

"Nonnie," I turn to its source. "Care to help me carry the firewood?" Jessica asks in her normal sweet voice.

The voice that always has men going crazy over her. They always want to hear her use it in bed. They tend to think it's fiery angelic. Jessica and I usually laugh and gossip about it. It's always a never ageing topic. Especially when they think she is cheap and they can lure her to their beds. They are foolish to have not noted that she isn't cheap. At all! Well, apart from when she allows her fairly rich boyfriend to fuck her in the forest. At night, if I might add. Though it doesn't fully account for being cheap. I abandon the goats and rush towards her.

"Why are you carrying firewood while it's raining?" I ask when I near her.

"It's the last turn and I figured that I would rather carry them while it's raining so I don't have to come back after the rains stop," she responds feigning a smile.

She's lying. And I'm sure her hypocritical mother made her do it. She pretends to love her yet she makes her do all the work as a slave. Her slave. Surely that woman will rot in hell. Good thing her man keeps the stress off. And if I'm randomly honest, I'll be over the moon once I hear that she is out of her leashes. She might be twenty-four of my age but she is still tethered to her mother. Hypocritical mother, I forgot.

"Okay," I agree to let her escape with the lie.

Dennis hates it when she is subjected, but to societal demands, he can't do anything. A rich man isn't supposed to help a poor man according to the high social class. That's why they will meet in the forest and not in the house of either party. Until all of them decide to go against the societal demands, they will keep seeing each other in secret.

Sometimes I think of holding a conference to teach our mediocre parents that we are in the damn twenty-first century and difference in social class does not matter. They cling to it like they made an oath towards it that they are never breaking. Must be suffocating.