CHAPTER 28- A good deed

Dylan POV

Sophia explained everything that was going on with Amelia and I blamed myself for it.
"She lost her baby, Dylan. She wanted to tell you but she felt it would affect your wedding."

I banged my hand on the table and groaned out. "Why didn't she tell me? She could have said something."

Sophia sighed and touched my face, she examined it closely and shook her head. "Larry did this right?" she asked. I didn't give her a reply and I guessed she understood. "I've always told him that violence isn't the key but he never listens. Get your face treated alright," she said and I nodded.

"How is Amelia?"

"Still in a coma but we hope she would get out of it soon" Sophia replied and stood up to leave. "Well, I guess my job is done here. Dylan "She sighed. "I know you love Amelia and you blame yourself for what happened but there is something called forgiveness. If you don't forgive yourself now, you'll continue to blame yourself. Drop by the hospital and visit her," she said and headed towards the door. " Bye Dylan"

After Sophia left I contemplated whether to go or not. If I could just see her face and see how she was doing. I would be glad. My house was a mess so I made a call to the housekeepers to come to tidy up the penthouse.

I had bathed and fixed my bruised face and When I was done, I drove straight to the hospital.

"I'm here to see Amelia brown," I said to the receptionist of the hospital.

"And who are you to her?" she asked. From the way she was looking at me, you would think she knows that I was a bad person.

I scratched my head and smiled at her. "Well, I'm her husband"

"Husband," she eyed me suspiciously. " Okay then. room 305 just by the left side on the third floor," she gave me the information I needed.

"Thank you," I took the elevator and arrived on the third floor. while looking for the room I bumped into someone. "I'm sorry" I apologized and raised my head to see the person I bumped into. It was none other than Luciana.

"You! What are you doing here?" she shouted.

"Ma'am I'm here... "I tried to calm her down but she continued shouting.

"What going on here?"Larry walked out of the room I was searching for and walked towards us.  "You! What the heck are you doing here?"

"Let's me explain Larry. I just wanted to make sure she is okay."I tried to convince them that my coming to see her was with good intentions.

"Good intentions? Where were you when everything happened huh? You want another black eye right cause I'll be glad to give you one. Don't ever come here again Dylan or I'll kill you myself," he threatened. "Come on Luciana," Larry pulled Luciana away to the room where Amelia was in.

I sat on the floor and try hard not to break down into tears cause slowly I was beginning to lose my sanity. Someone tapped me on my shoulders and it was a nurse telling me not to seat in the corridor. I stood up and walked out of the hospital with a heavy heart.

                        ******
Anna POV

My life is the worst have ever seen. I thought Dylan loves me but what finally happened? He left me alone to meet the person he loved. Love isn't really for me. I just wished someone could love me for me.

"Here baby, have this drink. It would calm your nerves down."Kelly said as she offered me warm cocoa.

"I thought he loved me Kelly but it was all a lie. He never really loved me. He is still in love with Amelia."

"That's bitch, I heard she got into an accident and she is at the hospital right now struggling to live," Kelly chuckled.

I didn't even know Amelia got into an accident. I didn't like her but I would never wish her bad. 

"I hope she gets better," I replied to her and drank my cocoa.

Kelly dropped the cocoa in her hand and clapped. "Oh come on Anna. now is the perfect time to get rid of her. Kill her off and Dylan will be yours forever," she advised.

I stood up from where I was seating and faced the person I called my best friend. "Kelly? Death? No matter how I hate someone I would never wish them death. That is never an option for me. if Dylan decides to leave,  I'll gladly leave him even though it hurts."

"You are a stupid girl Anna. I mean look at how you are talking like a fool. Don't be weak Anna, act like the real bitch I know you to be."

"I might be a bitch but I would never kill anyone. It's out of it, "I told her but she only laughed and also stood up from where she sat. She laughed again as she looked at my face. "What was her problem?" I thought.

"Listen here girl, everything that happened to Amelia was all me. The elevator, the fire, Lucas, and the freaking accident it was all me, "Kelly confessed. I stared at her with my mouth wide open. "Don't look surprised Anna. no one insults me and gets away with it"

"How could you be so wicked, Kelly? That's murder! Attempted murder or whatever they call it."

Kelly scoffed and picked up her bag to leave. "I'll be on my way cause it seems you've developed a kind heart overnight."

I wasn't going to let her leave just like that. I had to do something. She can't just get away with what she had caused. I picked up my phone that was laying on a couch and dialed the emergency number.

"Who are you calling?" she asked but I gave her no reply. "Are you calling the police on me?" she rushed to grab my phone but I ran away from her and went straight to the kitchen. "Give me the phone Anna or I'll kill you" she shouted.

We both ran around in the kitchen and since we were in the kitchen, Kelly grabbed a kitchen knife and pointed it at me.

"Give me the freaking phone or I'll kill you here just like I did to Amelia"

I gave her no reply as she walked to me with the knife. Before I knew what was happening, the extreme pain in my back and red liquid pooling out of my back confirmed that Kelly had stabbed me. "You stabbed me," I whispered. She grabbed the phone from my hand and stepped on it with her heels.

"I didn't want to do this but it seems you are an idiot like I pictured you to be. Bleed to death Anna," she walked out of the kitchen leaving me on my cold kitchen floor to bleed to death. The sounds of the sirens and the sounds of footsteps confirmed the police were around. I smiled as I heard the word freeze. Finally, Kelly was caught. It was all part of the plan. I had to keep her busy by running to the kitchen to make sure the police arrived and met her there but I never expected that she would stab me in the back. As I closed my eyes to welcome the darkness, I smiled and realized that for the first time in my life I had done something great.
                   ****
Dylan POV

I was shocked when the hospital called me that Anna was stabbed. I didn't want to go at first but I had to make sure she was fine. We were once together and even if we were not meant to be, I'll always wish her well.

"Hello, Anna" I greeted her as I walked into the ward she was in.

"Dylan!" she tried to seat up but groaned because of the pain in her back.

"Are you alright Anna? "I asked and she nodded. "I learned of what you did and that's why I'm here. Thank you for calling the police on Kelly. With the way you hated Amelia, I never expected you'll do this"

"I might be a bad person in your eyes Dylan but I would never wish anyone dead," she said with sincerity and I knew that behind all those bitchy attitudes, there lies a good attitude in her.

"Thank you," I said and headed towards the door but she called me back.

"Dylan! "I turned and face her. "I'm sorry for what happened to Amelia. I can see that you love her and I wished the both of you a happy ending," I smiled at her words and then walked out of the ward.