ᴀll ɪ ωαит ғσя cняιѕтмαѕ

"Lady Jennette! Please wake up so we can bathe you and get you ready for breakfast."

Ten days..it had been ten days since Jennette saw her father die. Although she was only four, she remembered him. Nodding, she climbed out of bed as the maids tended to her. Soon enough, she was dressed in a yellow frock and her hair pulled back with two ribbons and loose bangs.

She walked down the spiraling staircase entering the dinning hall as her ocean eyes met calculative golden eyes, belonging to one Roger Alpheus, the Duke of the House of Alpheus. 

Once their eyes met, she recalled how they met. 

[Flashback - BEGINNING]

Jennette looked at the big manor as dizziness overtook her. 

"I am the daughter of the crown prince."

That was all she could utter as she saw a white haired man with cold, golden eyes smirking before he ordered the maids to get her inside. She passed out.

After a whole day, she woke up. The man introduced himself as Duke Roger Alpheus. 

"Your mother is Penelope Judith so we are related. Why not stay here as my niece? After all, you have nowhere to go."

And if you don't accept my offer, I can easily get rid of you this very instant. The unsaid words hung in the air, making the atmosphere more tense. 

Jennette thought for a few seconds before a sweet smile graced her features as her eyes sparkled with determination. 

"Yes. I will stay with you, my dear Uncle. I am so happy. I have always wanted a family."

"Of course, Jennette. From today onward, you are Jennette Margarita, my sick, orphan niece who is staying with me. Play your role well."

As soon as he and the maids left, an evil smile was visible on her face as she whispered, "Oh, yes, I will play my role well, Duke. I will destroy you before you destroy my family. Just you wait and see, Uncle. Your niece will show her gratitude. I will protect you, father. Forever and always."

[Flashback - END]

She smiled before sitting in front of him. 

"Good morning, Uncle. The weather is so pleasant today."

"Good morning, Jennette. Merry Christmas."

"Ah, yes, Merry Christmas to you too, Uncle!"

I forgot...papa...I wish you weren't alone on Christmas.

"Here, a gift for you." said Roger as he handed her a white bunny pulshie. Jennette once again put on a fake smile as she took the bunny. 

"Wah! It is so pretty! Thank you Uncle Roger. I will hold on it to very carefully."

"Of course. I have to go and meet someone so I am afraid I will be leaving first. I will be back in a week or less. Don't talk to any strangers and don't venture outside."

With these commands, the Duke disappeared, having finished his meal already. Jennette, who had yet to take even a bite, simply stood up and walked towards her room. Once she was inside, she locked the door, climbed into the bed, curling up. 

She began singing softly.

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true oh
All I want for Christmas is you.

I don't want a lot for Christmas.

There is just one thing I need, and I
Don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I don't need to hang my stocking
There upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy
With a toy on Christmas day.

I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you.

I won't ask for much this Christmas
I won't even wish for snow, and I
I just wanna keep on waiting
Underneath the mistletoe.

I won't make a list and send it
To the North Pole for Saint Nick
I won't even stay awake
To hear those magic reindeer click.

'Cause I just want you here tonight
Holding on to me so tight
What more can I do
Oh, Baby all I want for Christmas is you.

All the lights are shining
So brightly everywhere
And the sound of children's
Laughter fills the air.

And everyone is singing
I hear those sleigh bells ringing
Santa won't you bring me
The one I really need
Won't you please bring my baby to me quickly.

I don't want a lot for Christmas
This is all I'm asking for
I just wanna see my baby
Standing right outside my door.

I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
Baby all I want for Christmas is you.

All I want for Christmas is you, baby.

Her small figure trembling, she hugged the bunny and her knees as tears fell down from her jeweled blue eyes. In this state, she fell asleep with only one thought haunting her. 

All I want for Christmas is you, Father..please come back..to me..I love you..please..