Chapter one: LIVE LAUGH LOVE

Ed and Oswald lay in their bed, enjoying each other's warmth. Oswald smiles happily, sighing deeply. He always wanted this. To be married to a man like Ed. Ed was extremely intelligent and unbelievably handsome and sexy and beautiful and priceless and the funniest, sweetest guy Oswald had ever met.

His whole life Oswald wanted only two things:

#1 A husband✓

#2 kids

He wanted kids. He wanted a baby. He wanted to hold his tiny baby in his arms and lull her to sleep, and just gaze at her innocent, pure face. He wanted to be a father. But he had no way of knowing if Ed felt the same way about kids. He remembered Ed being put off and disgusted by those kids at the school that day. Ed seemed so annoyed by children. He was almost afraid to say what he said next.

"Ed, do you want kids?"

"Of course I do. Is this about the school? That was just because there were so many everywhere. But I can handle one." Ed says warmly, kissing his husband's hand softly.

"Just one?" Oswald accidentally let it slip that he wanted more than one.

"Well, my perfect number is two. A boy and a girl."

"Me, too."

"So we're going to have a family at some point?"

"Ed, we can start looking into it tomorrow if you want..."

"That sounds perfect, love. I love it."

Ed and Oswald lay in silence for a few minutes.

"Do you want to adopt?"

Ed's question caught Oswald off guard. He didn't want to adopt. He wanted the baby to be biologically his. If that meant they had to get a surrogate, so be it.

"No. I thought maybe we could, I don't know, have a baby through a surrogate?"

"Hmm, you've put a lot of thought into this...I think that sounds great. That way the little nestling would look like me or you."

"Nestling?"

"A baby Penguin."