The Princess And The Stable Boy (TH)

bold italics=flashback

Being royal definitely had its perks. But for some, it was torture. And that's exactly how it was for Y/N.

"Miss Y/N, your mother and father would like to speak with you," the maid walked in, giving a slight curtesy.

"Melinda, we've talked about this. Just Y/N will do. And I'll be right there," she responded, giving a slight smile. Melinda sighed, nodding and walking out of the room. Y/N sighed loudly, knowing what this conversation with her parents was going to be.

Ever since she turned 16, her parents, the king and queen, were constantly setting her up with suitors, trying to find her a husband. Y/N loved the idea of love, but she was in no rush to find a husband, and wanted to find him on her own time. In the right ways. But her parents had other ideas.

"Ah, there you are, Y/N. There's someone we'd like you to meet," her mother stated with an excited smile. Y/N sighed internally and gave a tight lipped smile to the boy standing in front of her.

"Yes, this is Prince Joshua. We think he'll be a perfect fit for you," her father stated.

That's another thing. Her parents were so keen on getting her to marry a prince. While she did like the princes, it was all the same every time. They were all so... bland. Nonetheless, she put on her best fake smile.

"Nice to meet you, Prince Joshua," she bowed. He did the same with a polite smile.

"Likewise, your majesty. I've heard lots about you."

"Why don't you both go out to the garden? You could show him around," her mother said with a smile. Y/N nodded.

"Follow me," she said, already walking in the direction of the garden, Joshua following close behind her.

_____________________

"And here we have the stables. This is where all of our horses are," she smiled as she stroked one of the horses.

"They're very beautiful," he said, patting the same one.

She looked around a bit until she spotted a familiar pair of big brown eyes. She smiled at the cute stable boy and he returned it, noticing Joshua. His smile faded.

Y/N sat outside in the garden, singing a song without a care in the world. She was so far into her own little world that she didn't notice the boy in the stables, looking at her with a smile.

She stopped for a moment, looking around, seeing the boy with curly brown hair and big brown eyes. He looked away, embarrassed.

"Hi, my name is Y/N!" she said, happily walking over to him. He just blushed. "What's wrong? Are you sad?"

"N-no, I'm not supposed to talk to you," he said, fiddling with his thumbs.

"Why not?" she asked, tilting her head.

"I'm just the stable boy. You're the princess. The help doesn't talk to royalty."

She frowned. Even if she was young, she hated being seen as different. She was only 6, and wanted nothing more than to be a normal girl, to be able to be friends with anyone she wanted.

"You can talk to me, I don't mind," she smiled, trying to put him at ease. He shook his head.

"I can't! I'll get in trouble," he said, looking down again.

She was silent for a moment. She knew he was right. Any time she tried to befriend anyone who wasn't of royal blood, she got in trouble, her parents claiming she "only deserved royalty." She shook her head, angrily.