Chapter Four

BTW that is what their mansion looks like.   

Victoria's P.O.V.

I woke up to my stupid alarm clock ringing. Quickly turning it off, I hopped out of bed and jumped into the shower. After washing up and brushing my teeth, I got dressed into an off-shoulder shirt, blue high waist jeans with cuts at the knee and white sneakers. 

Grabbing my Everlane backpack and heading down the stairs, I saw Jax by the BMW M2 Competition opening the car door for me. Getting in, I saw him get to the driver's side and start driving. Since it was still early, I wanted to get a caffe' mocha.

As if reading my mind, Jax said,

"Wanna go get some drinks? I know I'm down."

Laughing, I nodded my head and we headed to the nearest coffee shop. 

***5 weeks***

Jax's P.O.V.

I looked with amusement as she fired her shots. She grew better with shooting a sniper at a fast-moving object. She improved on her fighting skills because she can easily beat me. And she became stronger too. Who knows what she can carry? That and-

"Listening?"

Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I hummed.

"Tomorrow Aleane is having a party and she invited, wanna come?"

"Are you inviting me?" I asked.

"Yeah, she allows."

"Okay, sure."

I wasn't sure if I wanted to go but I needed to protect her so I went.

Over the last few weeks, I grew an attraction to her. I don't know why. The feeling felt fuzzy in my chest as I thought about it.

bang! 

I stood up, panicked, and rushed to the front door. All I could see was a blur until the man went down on both his knees.

Looking closer, I noticed him. It was darkcat, or at least that was his nickname. Police have been trying to find him for years. Overall he kills anybody rich or famous.

A shocked gasp was heard beside me before I turned my head around and noticed it was coming from Victoria.

"Is that..."

"Yep, darkcat." I spat his name out like it was poison in my mouth. I mean he did come crashing through the door of Knils Estate.

I wonder how he got through the main gate and the front gate.

George and Paige came down the stairs in a hurry to see the commotion. 

"What is he doing in my estate and who let him in? I want answers!" George roared.

Two of the five men that came in instantly ran away from the group leaving the remaining three to clean up the body. Putting down my gun, I checked the surrounding for any dangers. When it was clear, I turned around and nodded at George who was checking on Victoria. 

"Check the security footage," I ordered on my walkie talkie.

"How's she?" I asked.

"Shaken but alright...just shocked that's all."

When Mr Knils and Paige left, Victoria sat on the couch and listened to some music.

Victoria's P.O.V.

omg omg omg

That was the only thing going through my brain. How did he get in? Is anyone working in this house a traitor? What would've happened if Jax wasn't here?

I felt a hand on my shoulder and warm tingles erupted in my body. Damn. I'm falling hard. 

"Everything is alright and I'm here to protect you so you can count on me to be there."

A relieve washed over me just hearing his voice. Looking up, I gave him a weak smile. 

"Come on its late and you should probably eat something."

I pouted and saw his jaw clench. Deciding to tease him more, I whined, "can you carry me to the kitchen my legs are too shaky and weak."

His right arm slid beneath my knee and I felt a warm tingle. I knew he could feel it too because his arm tensed. After he picked me off the couch I cuddled into the warmth of his chest and he stilled but I ignored it.

Placing me down on one of the stools in our kitchen, he picked a plate off the counter and gave it to me.

Giving him a look at which he groaned, he picked up the spoon and started feeding me. I gave him a cheeky smile after we finished and oh how the tables changed.

 His thumb slid over the corner of my lip and he licked it. I probably was as red as a beetroot by then.

He was chuckling while picking my plate up and putting it in the dishwasher. Scrunching up my nose and scowling at him, I hopped off the chair to head to my room only to feel strong arms lift me off the ground. 

He had that stupidly cute smirk on his face that makes me want to slap him bad. Oh well, at least we are at my room now. 

"Goodnight Vicky" Yeah he decided to give me a nickname. I'm not complaining, It's cute.

"Night Jaxie," I said as he tucked me in. 

I heard a low chuckle before darkness consumed me...

*********

See Ya next time ;)

Love y'alls!!!!!