Hold on me

He lowered his voice and leaned in but still excitedly spoke, "Sorry! But won't you please tell me something??? Anything!" We stepped back into the club and before I could get any further, Paul stepped in front of me. "I changed my mind." He looked down at his feet and then at me. "Tell me something about the band." He spoke softly. He raised his hand to touch my arm gently. Oh I was swooning. "But I thought you didn't want to know about the band. And I don't even know about 60s music." I said in one breathe. I was too blinded by his charm to realize what he was doing. "Oi! There ya 're!" Shouted a young man. I snapped out of the daze and saw George walking our way. Paul leaned his head back and gave a silent frustrated sigh. "Where'd ya head off to?" George asked us.
"Just some alone time, mate." Paul smiled.
"Oh right. Well Johnny's asking for ya." George smiled back.
I could feel some tension in the air.
Paul looked back at me, "We'll catch up later." He winked.
It was then that I realized he was playing me to get information. I could feel my shoulders and face drop.
"You okay?" George asked.
"Oh yeah I'm good." I gave him a smile.
"You're too good for him." He said a bit soft. Almost hesitatingly.
My brows furrowed, "What?" I puzzled.
"He messes with girls, Sarah." He replied seriously. "And because yer different, ya know with being from America nd all, he is definitely going for ya."
"Oh" I simply stated. I was taken aback by George's sudden boldness, then disappointed and sad by the reality's Paul's intentions.
George must've seen everything play out on my face. I've never been any good at hiding my emotions.
"I'm sorry," He said remorseful, "I just wanted to let you know."
"No no. I understand. Thanks for letting me know. I've dealt with boys like that before." I said.
George was constantly taking me by surprise. He wasn't what I thought he would be like and I had enjoyed that.
"Even with all that said, are ya sticking around for the next performance?" He asked.
"I'm not sure, George. It's a bit awkward now, don't you think?" I questioned him.
"Maybe a bit," he shrugged "but what about John, Ringo and I? We're not too bad." He beamed. All the awful stories I had read about the boys played in my head for a split second. Sure you guys are, I thought.
"I don't know, George. What if Paul-" I began.
"Argh. Forget Paul. Stay. Watch. You can't be tired of our songs already?!" His furry brows lifted with hope.
"God, alright I'll stay but don't leave me alone with him okay?" I told him.
I knew I would be putty in his hands, he could manipulate me anyway he would want. And the sad thing was, I would let him. I couldn't let that happen. I was so infatuated with him.

Several hours later and the boys were back on stage about to start. John counted them off, "1! 2!" Then Paul looked at me as I leaned against a wall near the stage and gave a sweet wink "3! 4!" I quickly looked away. He knew he had me. My entire face was hot and red and I refused to look back at him. What an asshole, I thought, what sexy talented asshole. My eyes raised and I watched George glide his fingers over his instrument while he smiled. You could see the happiness radiate off of him when he played. It made you joyous just to see it. He wasn't an asshole, I thought, he was a sweet talented guy. He will have his faults in the future but for now, he was good.
Then what was it? Why did I still want Paul? What hold did he have on me?