2

A/N: The song she sings during the audition is up there

"We're here," eomma said

I looked out of the car window and saw a much bigger building than I had expected, as we drove around the block we saw dozens of parking garages full of cars that normally weren't full. We got out of the car and headed towards the convention center that the audition was being held in. Dozens of people were waiting outside in line waiting to fill out the audition applications.

"All of these people are auditioning and only a few will be chosen," I said to myself. Bada could feel my nervousness, I suppose, so he grabbed onto my hand and gave me a sympathetic look.

Since we had already had the audition applications filled out we turned in the forms and they gave me a number that I was supposed to pin to my shirt '1178' the number read. As we walked inside the small convention center there were people everywhere. There was what looked like 8 different minor audition rooms and once you got chosen from the minor auditions you then moved onto a more intense audition and they repeat this process several times until the top 10 are chosen.

It was about 8 in the morning when the auditions began. We sat in the crowded waiting room waiting anxiously for my number to get called. There were about 150 people ahead of me so I knew that I would have quite a bit of time before my number got called.

I started to warm up my voice singing a few songs and just kind of relaxed until my number got called.

"1170, 1171, 1172, 1173, 1174, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178, and 1179" a man had said "follow me"

I got up and my mom and brother gave me an energetic thumbs-up as motivation

This moment will decide my entire future. My stomach is full of butterflies. I fidget with my hands to try to get rid of the nerves but it doesn't work.

We walk into the room where the audition is being held. In my group, there are 10 people in total, 4 boys and 6 girls. The room we walked into was rather small, it had a long table set up with  "judges" and they had us lineup in front of them. On top of the judges' table, there was a camera videotaping our audition. We were lined up by our numbers and since my number was 1178 I am one of the last people to go. As people began singing the judges would cut them off after just a few seconds of them singing, deciding that they had heard enough. The person beside me began singing and surprisingly didn't get cut off this time. The person next to me was a male and was pretty good looking at that. He was about 5'11ish and had blonde hair and blue eyes.

Once he finished singing the judge looked at me signaling for me to begin.

My stomach was doing flips. I should probably try stopping my nerves, it is going to do me no good if I'm this nervous. So, before I began to sing I closed my eyes, inhaled, and imagined my brother Noah since he is the person who inspired me to do this. 

The song that I decided to sing was 'The Truth Untold' by BTS. This song was rather difficult but it shows off my vocal range well and I feel like I can connect to it on a personal level.

As the lyrics began rolling off of my tongue I slipped into a kind of trance, I put my all into singing this song. The way I sing this decides my future so I have to do it well. If I'm being honest, this whole audition just felt like some sort of game show. We were battling each other to make it to the top. Kinda reminded me of Americas Got Talent or The Voice or something like that.

Surprisingly I was not stopped instead the judges let me finish singing and at the end, some of the contestants even applauded me. The judges looked fairly impressed. The last contestant went but she was also cut off after a few seconds just like the rest.