Chapter 5

Marilyn's POV

"I got a paragraph done." I mutter to Maily. She just nods. She doesn't hear me. She's just staring out of the window. A smile is staying on her pink lips. What's her problem? "Um, Maily? You dragged me here to do work. It's been half an hour. We haven't done anything."

"Yeah," she says dazed. I roll my eyes.

"Oh, come on!" The librarian shushes me from my 'loudness'. I tap my foot impatiently. She's been complaining about us not getting anything done. Yet, here we are doing nothing. She hums softly still in a daze. I smile at her happiness though. She's beautiful. I mean- what?! She's beautiful? What am I thinking. Yeah, right. 'She's beautiful'? Shut up, Brian. We then get interrupted by someone.

"Hey, Mal." Someone says timidly behind me. Maily finally tears her gaze from her stare. Her face brightens up.

"Alex!" She says excitedly. If she had a tail it would be wagging. I've never seen her so excited. This boy comes closer to her. I look at him in disgust. Who the hell is this? This must be that boy I saw her with yesterday. I don't like him already. He tugs on his wrinkled Led Zeppelin t-shirt in a nervous state.

"Look, sorry about yesterday. Next time I'll be totally sure that we will be alone in my room." He says. She giggles and flips her now-fading blue hair. His room? What were they doing? He said his room, right? Never in my life I would think Maily, we are talking about Maily the girl who is kind of like a nerd, would be at a boy's house.

"It's okay. I'm sorry if I got you in trouble."

"Ah, you're fine." He says and smiles shyly.

"I'm gonna go to the restroom. I'll be back in a second, guys." I nod. I pretend to focus on our work so it won't be awkward between me and this Alex guy.

"She's so cute." He says in a daydreaming manner. I raise a non-existent eyebrow. He takes the seat she was in. "I'm gonna do it, Brian." I cringe inside by him using my real name.

"Do what?" I say too rudely. Even I think so.

"Ask her out." My heart feels as if it stopped.

"A-ask her out?" My throat feels as if it's closing up. A pang of jealously hits me. Why though? Do I like her? I shouldn't and I'm not going to. No, I can't.

"Yup." He smiles. "I think she likes me too."

"Mhm." I hum angrily. He doesn't notice. He just focuses on his soon-to-be girlfriend. I shake my head in disgust. The one time I actually do have feelings for someone. Not feelings like I just want to fuck her either. I hate this. I try to abandon these feelings. There are no chances for us. It's the truth.

"Hey." Maily says. Alex gets up from her chair and pushes it out for her. She takes a seat. As the 'gentleman' he is, he pushes the chair in for her.

"Meet me for lunch?" He offers. She nods. He dismisses himself. This disappoints her a little.

"So," I say trying to get more info on them. "You went to his house?" She nods. "So, you're not a virgin anymore?" Her eyes bulge out of her head like virgin was a curse word.

"W-what? No!" I cock my head. "No, as in I didn't do that. I-I'm still a virgin." She says the last part quietly. "I just hung out at his house."

"Okay." I say stringing out my word longer than it should be. She sighs out in exasperation. I smirk and shake my head. The bell erupts. Maily speeds out of here this time. It's lunch now. I slowly get up and stare at the seat she was in. She wouldn't even like me in the slightest.

I trudge out of there and into the courtyard. There she was sitting with him. He whispers something in her ear. She nods excitedly. They hug and he kisses her neck softly. They intertwine their hands together. I look away quickly.

She seems happy. She should be. She's a nice girl.

And nice girls shouldn't be with someone like me.

Don't you love it when people purposely correct you a lot on your stories to the point where it's annoying :)))) anyways thanks for reading <3