Chapter 9

Songs to listen to for this chapter:

Running To The Edge of The World- Marilyn Manson

Transatlanticism- Death Cab For Cutie

Maily's POV

I start to wake up. My whole body is sore. My eyes begin to open exposing the unfamiliar room I'm in. Only a dim lamp lights the room. I move my hand feeling the itchy blanket that covers me.

"Wh-?" I stop mid word noticing my throat hurts when I speak. I cough to see if that solves the problem.

"Maily?" Someone says. I turn my head to see Marilyn kneeling down beside the bed. His eyes fill with worry. His hair hangs by his eyes almost covering his vision. His eyes are also puffy and red. Black bags underline his brown eyes. A few bruises and dried blood cover him.

"What happened?" I whisper. He hangs his head low. A single tear escapes. He then shakes his head in guilt.

"Maily, I've done something bad."

"Tell me. It's okay." I place my hand on his cheek. His skin is soft and cold.

"I-I-" memories begin to fill my head. I quickly retract my hand from his face. "Maily?"

"Why?!" I shout. I sit up quickly then wincing from the pain of my body. Pogo. Sex. Drugs. Screaming. His dark laughter...

"Mai-"

"How could you?! I was starting to trust you- dammit I was even starting to like you! You sold me like a cow!"

"I didn't mean to!" I start crying.

"Why, Brian? You were my only friend. How could you." I curl up.

"Please-" he reaches for me.

"Don't touch me!" I cry out. "Alex was right. You are a bad man." I whisper. He then flashes a look like I just shot him in his heart. His expression changes to sorrow, as if something died in him. "I have to go." I try to get up but I stumble.

"Maily." He grabs my wrist. I look down at him. "I love you." I blink away some tears. I shake my head. He expects me to love him? He betrayed me. He sold me.

"Love isn't trading someone for drugs, Brian." I mumble. I snatch my arm back and walk out of his house.