e l e v e n

HAPPY 2015 EVERYONE LEtS MAKE THIS YEAR COUNT.

Liam was back at the hospital before he knew it. He was lying in a checkup room as nurses and doctors poked at his body, trying to get a full view on his panic attacks.

Wesley was sat in the chair across the room, holding her knees up to her chest and sleeping softly. Waiting wasn't exactly her cup of tea.

"Liam," the doctor spoke for the first time since he came in. "I don't like telling bad news, you know." He breathed deeply, as if the words were hard to get out. "You have severe panic attacks, as you've experienced, but yours seem to be caused by something. They aren't genetic, for sure, and they don't seem to be any social interaction you've had before you were admitted the first time." He took off his plastic gloves and tossed them into the bin before continuing. "I know that you don't have a good relationship with your parents, so we are going to give Wesley here the medication. You can take it every week when you come for sessions. We just can't risk any alternative use for the pills, we want you safe, Liam. Meanwhile, be careful, and try to track down whatever it could be giving you the stress needed for these attacks."

He woke Wesley before heading out, handing her the pills and whispering something in her ear.

She stood from her chair and gave Liam a weak smile, reaching for his hand and rubbing her fingers across his palm.

"You ready to go?" She was quiet, obviously worried.

Zayn sat in the car beside his father. They were ten minutes from the hospital, and ten minutes from Liam. He didn't want to come today, but his father told him that the hospital could use some extra help, forcing him into the car.

It wouldn't be true to tell you that Zayns stomach wasn't in knots, and that he didn't just spend the last hours sitting absolutely still in his seat, praying for the flower boys face to leave his mind.

"Zayn, we are here." His dad spoke, shaking him out of his trance. The two made their way to the front desk, his dad offering him up for volunteer work before making his way to the session.

Liam sat in the back today, cuddled up against the wall with Wesley's oversized men's sweatshirt pulled over his head. He felt empty and cold, even with Wesley sat next to him, rubbing his thigh comfortingly.

"Stay the night Lamb, please." Wesley whispered, leaning her head on his shoulder. Liam nodded, closing his eyes and drifting away to Mr. Malik's awful rambling about believing in yourself.

Zayn returned to the desk two hours after his first visit, after reading only seven hundred stories to little children who were contained in the nursery. He enjoyed it, sure, but it was exhausting.

"Ah, Zayn. Your dad has two more meetings with patients, will you be a dear and bring this pill up to room 82 on floor 3? Sorry we are working you hun." The woman smiled, handing Zayn a small baggy with a pill and a glass full of water.

Zayn nodded back, thinking that this wasn't the best place to be the cocky and bitchy Zayn. This was a place full of sorrow and illness. It was meant for quiet, sweet Zayn.

Liam made it back to Wesley's room, plopping himself onto the bed and pulling his knees up to his chest. Wesley had been called back by Mr. Malik, him asking if he could speak to her about Wes (and at this place, no one thinks of saying no to anyone). The front desk had called him earlier, telling him they were having someone take up his pill for tonight.

There was a knock on the door and Liam hummed as a signal to come in. And right through the door came the dark skinned boy whose face was permanently tattooed in Liams mind.

"Zayn?" He asked, just as the beauty turned around from backing into the room.

Zayns eyes widened and he spoke softly, "I thought you'd have left by now." Liam shook his head to answer. "Is this for you?" He asked, holding up the bag holding the pill and the glass.

Liam nodded, sighing deeply.

Zayn placed it down on the nightstand and suddenly sat at the end of the bed.

Liam was worried at this point. He didn't want all this to happen again. He didn't want them to make another stupid move that would soon tear the both of them apart... Even more.

"Is the pill for the, uh, the shaking?" Zayn swallowed hard, and Liam wondered if he made him nervous.

"Panic attacks, yeah." He was breathing heavy, his chest beating with the echoing of his heart.

"Oh," Zayn spoke in a fading whisper, reaching up to scratch the side of his face.

The next moments seemed to have been completely controlled by Zayn's subconscious, because a second after sitting on that bed with Liam they were closer than ever, and Zayn couldn't tell you how. Zayn breathed in Liam, and all Liam. Nothing else was there.

And then they were together. Their lips were moving quickly, as if they knew it wouldn't last long, although neither of their minds really understood exactly why this was happening. There wasn't anyway of comprehending who had started the kiss or who was more involved in it. It was a very equally drawn out process. Their corresponding breathing filled their ears as Zayn pushed Liam down so that his head lay on Wesley's pillow.

Zayn groaned into the movements, and Liam grasped his head and pulled him closer in response. It wasn't until Liams hands were completely tangled into Zayns hair and Zayns hands were frantically searching for the hem of liams jumper was there a knock on the door. Zayn pushed off of Liam, breathing heavily and widening his eyes at the boy lying in front of him. He shook his head and actually laughed to himself before reaching back down to connect their lips together again.

Liam was confused, really. He didnt really know what was happening, but holy fuck... he liked it. Zayn liked it so much more, and they didnt stop. They were both breathing hard and neither of them had any heart set to stop. If it weren't for the nurse knocking on the door (for a second time, and harder), looking for Zayn to tell him his dad was ready to go, their lips would be swollen and red from going all night.

"Zayn, your father is looking for you," she whispered, not really sure what she was walking in on, considering the fact that Zayn had been in there for a half an hour at the least. The two had separated at the sound of the door. Zayn nodded and she closed the door, leaving them alone again. Zayn stood, stretching his arms over his head and sighing.

"Zayn..." Liam spoke softly. He was so worried that everything was repeating itself. Zayn had already pulled a cigarette out of his back pocket, and Liam was sat alone, just like before.

Zayn shook his head, laughing a little once again, before grasping Liams collar and quickly, but deeply, kissing Liam. "I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

And Liam smiled. He smiled so big. "Yeah," He spoke lightly, watching Zayn walk out of the room with the same exact smile plastered against his tan skin.

When Wesley walked in later, her eyes tired, she fell into Liams arms and was asleep in a matter of minutes, yet Liam lay awake, smiling happily.

Zayn was sat in his car home, slowly smoking with his window wide open, ignoring the pleads from his father to close it (September air in London is not something you want blown onto your face) because he was happy, and being happy is nothing to mess with.