Chapter 6

"I've never hated you Millie" tom said smiling.

"This doesn't change anything between us you know. Part of me does still hate you" I said back.

"I don't blame you to be honest" he replied.

The bell went and it time for afternoon form.

"I'll see you around" I said standing up.

"Yeah see ya" he said.

I put away my tray and plate and then walked to form.

The afternoon went by really slowly. I was still confused as to why tom was suddenly being friendly with me. It just didn't make any sense.

The final bell went. It was finally the end of the day. I packed away my things, picked up my bag, and walked out of the school. I felt someone grab my arm and I turned around and it was tom... again. I swear he's obsessed with me now.

"Hey, fancy coming over mine later? Just to take your mind of everything at home" he asked.

I smiled and said "um alright".

We walked out of school together and then we went our separate ways, once we reached the gate. He text me his address and told me to meet him at 6pm.

I walked home to be greeted by my mum at the front door. She was with a tall, dark haired man, who I'd never met before.

"Millie, this is Dan, he's my new boyfriend" she said smiling.

My eyes widened at the word "boyfriend". I didn't want her to be seeing someone else. I couldn't believe her. She only had a divorce a couple of weeks back and she's already dating someone else.

It was now 4:30pm. Once again, my mum didn't bother to come and check on me. I didn't care though. I liked being alone.

I got changed out of my uniform, and into some leggings and a hoodie. I was due to be going round Tom's at 6, but to be honest, I don't know if I should. What if he's only saying all of this because he feels bad for me?

I sat in my room for ages, while I decided weather to go or not. I eventually decided that I should go. At the end of the day, I need something to take my mind of my mum and her new boyfriend.

It reached 5:47pm and I hadn't eaten anything yet. I knew for certain, that there would nothing in the fridge for me to eat. I took some money from my piggy bank and headed out.

I couldn't bear the fact that I would have to see my mum and Dan again, so I stupidly decided to go out of my bedroom window.

I opened the window and somehow managed to jump onto the shed roof. And then from there, I managed to jump directly onto the floor. I headed out of the back gate and round the corner of the alley way.

I sort of know where I was going. I had never been around the are where Tom said he lived.  He lived in the posher area, so I had obviously never even seen what it looked like. I passed a few shops on my way, and decided to go in and buy some crisps as I was unsure if we were having anything at Tom's.

I finally arrived at his house at 6:08pm. I was slightly late but I honestly couldn't be bothered. I looked up at the house and gasped. It was huge. There was two sparkling cars on the drive way and the front garden looked really neat and tidy.

I rang the doorbell Tom answered it immediately.

"Hey, I thought you forgotten about me" he said as he opened the door.

"I wasn't going to come actually, but I needed to get away from my mum and her stupid new boyfriend" I said back to him.

----------
Hope you're all enjoying this so far :) Don't forget to vote and comment x

What do you think will happen between Tom and Millie?