\\ • //

◼◼◼◼◼◼

◼◼◼◼◼◼

This was one of those nights for him.

Those nights where his mind was at a war with his heart. Where his insecurities and vulnerability was as naked as the skin. Where he thought of what he could do, could say or change. This night was for the heavy talks and contemplation under the moon. His important decisions were always made under the spell of the moon.

He rubbed his eyes to get rid of the tears that had gathered there. Under the bewitching spell of the moon, he felt liberated from all he had buried inside of him. It spilled from inside of him in the form of water from his eyes. He didn't blame her. Izhaan could feel her deep rooted abhor and pain. Yet, it didn't eradicate the fact that he felt deeply wounded too.

Both were hurt beyond their suffering.

He heard the clicking sound behind him and he immediately turned. His mother stood near the terrace gate with a placating smile on her serene face. Izhaan turned around without acknowledging her presence. He heard her dejected sigh behind him and once again tried to ignore her suffocating nearness.

"Mai to samjhi thee tum apni biwi kai pass hogay magar tumto yahan ho udaas majnoun kee tarah." Her soft, melodious voice reached him and he scoffed at her words. Abruptly, his fists clenched around and he moved back to look at his mother's expectant gaze. "Oh, it could be because my apparent biwi doesn't really want to do anything with me or this supposed marriage!"

Farya Mir flinched at her son's acidic tone and lethal expressions, "surely, she must be just uncomfortable with the sudden changes in her life. Don't take it personally, son." Izhaan stared at his mother with extreme befuddlement and hurt, "you mean it has been like five months since her ex husband died and we all buried him six feet under. The said ex husband happened to be my brother and apparently my wife was irrevocably in love with him. Not only that, she was also emotionally blackmailed by her parents to get married to me and that it didn't take long for you guys to use us both to your fucking advantage! As if, we're just useless piece of trash to be discarded and used as you wish to do so. Apart from that, I don't think I missed anything, in your definition of change mother."