Zach

I've sat in the back of the class for all the right reasons, some days, it just gives me an advantage to all the others. I see all the rumors, all the gossip, that spreads through these halls as if it were the plague. As I watched Perfect Tamara just waltz out of class on her cell phone, during a test, I knew this would be the starter of something big. The bell rang, I went on to History III, sitting in my usual spot. One of my buds, leaned across his desk, whispering to me,"You here, there's something up with the perfect family, some people are saying she's late, didn't you-"

I cut him off, loudly,"No!" Everyone had stared at me, some people snickered, but some were being quiet just because they thought if they were silent, they'd here the conversation, which is why I hate nosy people.

Mr. Karen, the teacher shot daggers at me with his eyes,"Detention. Tomorrow after school with Ms.Montgomery." Everyone stopped staring at me, and at each other because Tamara never got detention, much less in trouble, until today. He continued his boring lecture about World War I.

He continued his boring lecture about World War I until the bell rang, and I bolted to my car, cruising along town, looking for Tamara, despite the fact that I would get in even more trouble for ditching school, but who really cares. After a good ten minutes, I settled for her house, in her room. You see, when me and her lived across the street from each other, when were best friends until like, third grade, there was this white ladder with flowers wrapped around it, which is still there today, that goes up to her room. So, I climbed it, with much discomfort- there were rose thorns- into her bedroom and sat on her bed, and so I wouldn't be a pervert, I stayed away from all drawers and even her bathroom, I just laid on her bed, turning on the tv with the volume down. I would say about two and a half thirty minute episodes later Tamara walked into her room, wiping her eyes, but her sad little expression quickly turned ice cold, and she got quiet, but that was what she did when she was mad, then she came over to me, holding her finger in my face. "What the hell are you doing in my room? If the answer is not good, I will hurt you and you will not get your scholarship, do you understand me?" 

I played it cool, but it was a little hard. "I, um, came here to see what was bugging you , you left the room really early, can I ask why?"

She laughed one of those mean, dry laugh,"No." 

I then lied, to see if I could get a better answer," I saw your car today, I know where you were at."

"I know my aunt was really sick in the hosp-"

"Don't lie to me, and people are starting to think-"

"Leave. Now."

I climbed down the ladder halfway, so I could hear her weeping, before climbing all the way down and driving back to my house. My mother smile curled into the grinch's as I came through the door. "Come here boy," she cooed. I

My mother smile curled into the grinch's as I came through the door. "Come here boy," she cooed. I did, though every time I did this, I knew it was stupid. She smacked me with an empty vodka glass, with tiny shards of glass stuck in the deep cut that was oozing on my cheek. I grabbed her wrists and pinned her to the wall. "Wake up!" I shouted,"Wake the hell up!"

I walked away, knowing it was no use, over to the school, maybe to catch some gym since that was my last period and it started in ten minutes, but a police officer stopped me two blocks away from my house. "Zachary Benson?"

"Yeah?"

"You are under arrested."