Chapter Ten

"What is going on behind those beautiful eyes?" Her continued silence worried him. Really? Worried? God, how she changed him. Her lips curved into the barest of smiles. Why was she nervous? He could smell it.

"Birdy, wha—."

With a deep breath, she reached behind her and pulled the zipper, letting her dress pool at her feet. He could have undressed her, but she wanted to do this on her own. She wanted him to know, this was her. Her leading.

With her actions, Valafar's mouth went dry. She was going to kill him. That was why she was nervous. She didn't think she could. But she was wrong. He could die simply looking at her.

"Angel, what are you doing?" His voice was rough and dry.

"You say I am naive." She took a step toward him and his heart thundered in his chest. "You would be right." Another step. "But even not really knowing what I am doing, I would have thought it evident that I'm trying to seduce you."

"Oh, love, you don't even have to try." He swallowed hard as she took the last step.

Dear God, he had never seen anything sweeter in his life. The look of longing in her eyes, the slight nibble at her bottom lip, her skin was flushed with nerves.

"Well, I am going to try to anyway." The blaze of heat in his eyes made her smile. "But to do what I have in mind, Valafar, I need you as bare as me."

"Why are you doing this?" he asked before he could stop himself. Stupid fucking demon.

Her smile widened. "It's not why you think, demon."

"It's not because you are offering me a pity fuck after I almost killed you?"

Cursing his mouth, he could only watch as her expression changed, smile dimming.

"I'm sorry, angel. I didn't—."

"I am doing this for me, demon. I need you. But it is for you was well. Because you need me. The demon that fights for me. The kind heart. I am doing this for us." Her smile returned. "Besides, how many times am I going to have you like this?"

"Like what?"

"Helpless."

She watched, trying not to laugh, as he opened his mouth, only to close it without a word. "Exactly." She lifted a brow. "Now, make your clothes... go somewhere."

His frown was quick and fleeting. Who was he to question this new side to his angel's personality? He did as she wanted.

His cock, which had started to soften, came surging back to life as her gaze dropped to it. He groaned with the ache. Christ, only her eyes touched him and he was ready to explode.

Clenching his fists, he managed to speak. "Well, what are you waiting for? Have you wicked way with me."

Hesitating, she blew out a soft breath. It had seemed like a good idea at the time. Heat rose in her face as she realized she had no clue what came next.

"I don't know what to do." She pulled her eyes up and met his. "Can I touch it? Will it hurt?"

The thought of her soft pale hand stroking him made him twitch.

"Honestly, birdy, it will kill me, but I would pass into the void a happy demon."

She looked back to it, such a beautiful it, such a large it. Licking dry lips, she looked back up at a growl.

"Or you will kill me before you touch me. Fuck, angel, where is your mercy?"

"What did I do?" she asked, taking the last half step, closing the distance between them.