DBB 22: Masking Away Actuality

Advance Happy New Year GUYS! :D Enjoy your day along with this second update for the day! :>

-------------

Chapter 22: Masking Away Actuality

Angelou wakes up in a unfamiliar place with an unfamiliar warmth seeping through her body. As far as she remembers, she was just sitting on a bench; listening to a unfamiliar piano piece being played by the person she cherishes most. This is the reason why when she slowly opened her eyes, she sat up faster than the cold night breeze and hung her head low.

"I'm sorry!"she apologizes, although she doesn't know to who. The person just chuckles at her action.

"It's just me." He states. The lass now looks at the person shocked.

"Oh. The mask made me thought it's not you. But still, sorry." She sits properly.

"Did you have a good sleep?" he asks casually. The lass nods. "Thanks." Angelou then stands up and pats her colorless dress to clean it up. "Thanks for allowing me to have a few minutes sleep. I have to go now." She states, letting out a small smile. Baekhyun stands along with her and places his coat on the latter's shoulder.

"Before you go, can we dance first?" he asks; face painted with expectations yet again.

"But I'm not good at dancing." The lass retorts.

"I know."

"I don't have groove."

"I know."

"There's no music." Baekhyun trudges near the lass and whispers. "There is." He holds Angelou's right hand and hovers it over his beating heart. "I think this rhythm is enough for us to dance with." He states, warmly looking at her. The beats of his heart is fast, like an athlete running a marathon; so fast yet... comforting.

Baekhyun uses the silence as a go sign to place the lass' left arm over his shoulder, hold her waist using his right arm and holding each other with their other hands.

They sway along the unknown music only Baekhyun knows and feels. The rustles of the leaves adds to the rhythm. Angelou looks at the man in front of her, examining each feature. Starting from his well-tousled hair, his eyeline with a faint eyeliner seen easily as the lad closed his eyes, his well-bridged nose down to his pink , plump lips that goes along with the sculpted jaw that complements his whole features. It's a waste that a black mask is covering half of his face right now. Even though, the lass still continues to stare at him as the man opens his eyes to meet her stares.

This is what she missed, the silence, the comforting silence only he can provide. They do not need to speak to each other to know what the latter feels, they just have to stare at each other's eyes to be able to convey their emotion. Baekhyun looks at her with warmth and admiration. That look makes guilt run through her whole body, making her uncomfortable. She wanted to ask the latter how he's been doing, questions like so but instead, a plead comes out.

"I'm sorry." She exclaims. Those words were like a spell that will undo the curse upon them (or so she wishes). They stop dancing as the lass continues to express words of apology and sorrow.

"I should've been strong Baekhyun. I'm sorry I was too weak to stay by your side. I'm sorry I just left you. I'm sorry I just... broke our promise." Baekhyun only looks at her.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about my departure. I'm sorry I walked away just like that. I'm sorry that I... I couldn't find the necklace. I'm sorry for everything." Silent whimpers reached the lad's ears. The lad let go of her only to cup her face; yet again admiring her like a beautiful painting in a art gallery. After admiring her, he reaches out to the back of Angelou's head to remove the string tying the mask on her face. Angelou stops him midway.