Chapter 5

After taking a nap in the van, George wakes up to the sound of Darryl saying his name. He slowly opens his eyes and sees that they are parked in the underground parking structure.

"BadBoyHalo to Sapnap. What's your 20?" Darryl says into his earpiece. He nods in understanding as he listens to Nick talk, then says, "10-4. Bad out." He looks at George and Vincent. "He beat us here, so he's already begun interrogation."

"He's interrogating someone?" George asks.

Darryl nods. "There was an attempted assassination, George. Someone was after Dream and you could've been killed in the process. Nick is getting information out of him and, when he's done, the guy will be given to the police."

"That's really cool!" George says.

"You're welcome to come to watch if you want. It's nothing too exciting, though," Vincent says.

Darryl giggles. "Well, it can be exciting if the person being interrogated doesn't cooperate." George gives him a funny look. "Don't worry, you'll see."

As they walk by, Vincent tosses the keys to the girl at the kiosk. She gives George a thumbs-up as he walks by. "I see the noob came back in one piece. That's a win!" George smiles at her, then follows the others inside.

The three take the left elevator to floor three. When the elevator door opened, George could hear someone yelling behind one of the doors. It just happened to be the door they were entering. On the inside, there were two people sitting at a control panel, taking notes. In front of them was a large glass window that allowed them to see into the room in front of them where Nick was trying to talk to a man. The man was handcuffed to the table in front of him and across the table from him were two chairs, one filled by Nick. The other was empty. Somewhere in the room was a microphone of some sort because George could perfectly hear everything being said on the inside.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!" The man yells. "LET ME GO!"

Nick looks at him with a deadpanned expression. "Sir, we found a contract on you. I'd appreciate it if you could tell us more about who signed it."

"You can see who signed it. IT HAS A SIGNATURE ON IT!" The man looks incredibly angry as if he would kill Nick if he wasn't chained up.

Nick pulls the contract out of a Manila folder beside him. He slides it across the table. "Alright. As you can see, the signature is just a scribble. There's no way for us to track this to someone. Can you please tell me who hired you?"

The man spits at Nick. "Fuck you."

Nick rolls his eyes. "Sapnap to Skeppy. I'm not getting anywhere with this one. You busy?" After a moment of listening to Zak's response, Nick says, "Copy that." Nick then turns towards the window that must've been one-way glass. "Skeppy's flying in. Get ready."

Darryl begins giggling like a child. "This is when interrogations get good."

Nick comes into the room and smiles at George. "Hey! How are you feeling?"

"Tired, but excited still. Don't get me wrong, I was scared earlier, but it was kind of fun." George stops talking when the door to the room in front of him opens up.

Zak walks in, wearing a turquoise hoodie. His hands were shoved into the pockets. His hair was styled up. Zak's whole style made him look like a teenager, not a 20-something-year-old who was a genius. He slides into the chair in front of the man and takes a look at the paperwork in the Manila folder.

"Ok, you must be a072921956, correct?" Zak asks, slightly annoyed by the name the man had given. "I'm just calling you A. That name is ridiculous."