Chapter 11

"I don't know what to tell you guys," Zak says over the earpieces as the group drives back to the offices. "I'm not seeing any records of an agent named 'Finn'."

"What about the name Spifey?" Nick asks.

"Nope, can't find anything about that agent either, which means one of two things. A, the two aren't a part of Forte or B, they are but Techno is hiding them from the databases. I've got to go. Skeppy out."

"Do you think it's possible that Finn isn't a Forte member?" Vincent asks.

Nick shakes his head. "He's got to be with us. We have private servers for our earpieces. There's no way he isn't with us."

"Well, I'll get with Zak tonight and we will try to figure out what's going on," Vincent says. "It can't be that hard to figure it out."

"I'll stay late tonight with you guys too," Nick decides. "I wanna get some stuff done in the gym."

"Well, drop me off at home then," George playfully demands. "I'm not staying up late to listen to you guys go on and on about crazy theories."

Darryl laughs. "That's fine! We can catch you up in the morning. Nick, can you send me the address?" Nick nods and types something on his computer and not even a minute later, Darryl makes a u-turn to get George to his shared apartment.

George waves goodbye, then walks inside, collapsing onto the couch. He lets out a happy sigh as he pulls a soft blue blanket around him. He makes his way into the kitchen to make something to eat, but nothing sounded good. In fact, he wasn't even hungry after the time he spent out with Clay and his friends. He shrugs and heads back to the couch. He lays down and turns on the tv, eventually falling asleep.

George is shortly awoken by knocks at his front door. He checks his phone and sees that the time is 12:27. He groans as he stands up, yelling, "Nick! I was sleeping! Why did you lock yourself out again?" But when he opens the door, he doesn't see Nick.

It's Clay.

"I-I'm sorry, George. I didn't know where to go and I needed to talk to someone," he stutters.

"How did you find where I live?" George asks.

Clay winces. "Well, I knew you lived in this area because you mentioned it during a date not that long ago. I also know what you drive because I've walked you to your car before. All of the parking spots have apartment numbers on them, so all I had to do was find where your car was parked." He searches George for any sort of reaction, getting nothing out of him. "That's not creepy, is it?"

George slowly shakes his head, accepting the situation due to how tired he was. "Come in." Clay hurries inside as George closes the door behind him. "What's going on?"

"Bad people are after me, George. Really bad people." He sits on the couch and his knee begins bouncing. "George, I...I don't know how to tell you this. Things have been going so good between us and I'm scared that when I tell you everything, I'm going to lose you."

George sits beside him and drapes half of the blanket around Clay's shoulders. He places a hand on Clay's leg. "Clay, look at me. There is nothing you can say that would scare me away."

Clay begins to tear up. "There's an agency after me. I think they are trying to kill me. They're called Forte. This one team of four dudes, in particular, is after me and I don't exactly know why." He takes a deep breath. "I've been accused of some pretty bad crimes, but I don't know why they'd want me dead."

"How do you know they want to kill you?" George asks.

"I don't," Clay says. "That's the scary part. All I know is four guys with guns rush me whenever they get the opportunity. Lately, they've been quiet which scares me even more."