Chapter One: The Day of my Death

It was December 19, 2013 the day Charlotte, my good friend, and I had our last dance practice for the New York Winter festival. The New York festival was like America's Got Talent, for people, who were trying to pursue their dreams.  And it probably would have been one of the best days of my life, if it wasn't my last.

That morning my boyfriend Mason and I  had met at a coffee shop about 20 minutes away from my place. It was my favorite; because it was so close to everything I went to. When I arrived Mason seemed different, I couldn't tell what it was. Maybe he was anxious, nervous, under-presser, or perplexed, whatever it was, it did not stop me from talking. Though it did make me wonder what he was thinking; I didn't ask any questions, because I was just well... I guess caught up in the moment? I usually didn't talk a great deal, but I guess something in me knew I was going to die, and wanted to get out every single word possible until my expiration date.

While talking to Mason he asked me where I wanted to be in 10 years. Of course you guys are probably thinking I said "with you" but, no I didn't say that, I probably said something along the lines of being a professional dancer and married to you or something like that. After seeing Mason I went to go see Brook, Emily, and Andrew. Brook and I knew each other for about 3 years, because of Juilliard. You know those two girls in movies, who meet each other, and instantly become friends, well that was how Brook and I were. After two years at Juilliard, she left for no good reason.  She had a full scholarship, was doing well in school, and all the students were nice to her, she was practically a student icon there. Everyone knew who she was, and to be honest she was probably every teacher’s pet. She studied jazz, and classical music, that's where she met Emily. Emily took almost every class with Brooke, and so it was easy for them to find common things to talk about. Emily, was a free spirit kind of girl, she loved chich-flicks, and walks in the park, she was your average girl.  Andrew I met in Ballet class, he was the second person I met when I moved to New York. He was not only in my class, but he was also my next door neighbor. He was one of the happiest, friendliest, and kindest people I met. When I first met him, he was like little kid hipped-up on candy.

 When we all met up we talked about our day, and the winter festival. It was kind of short talk; you know 'Hey, how are you" then another person would say "great". It seemed almost as if everyone was off. Anyways Emily, Andrew, and I drove in Emily's 2011 Mini Cooper to school. It was kind of convenient all of us having classes all at one time. By having our classes all at the same time we could spend more time with each other in the car and I didn't have to waste money on gas. I mean in 2013 gas prices weren't that all peachy keen. My classes that day we're working on adages and pirouettes, but of course we had to start with our Rond de jambe's to warm up. I hated those for some reason, I felt like they just took up 10 minutes of your life.         

Anyways, after class Charlotte and I met each at the one of the free studios the school had.  The studio had superior equipment, even the floor was pretty. We had all we needed to practice for the Winter festival like, barre's, flex stretch units, and even a geometrix. We practiced for around 2 hours on our routine for the Winter Festival tonight. We were dancing to the classic "Sugar Plum Fairy" piece. It was one of my favorite pieces when I was a kid. After practicing for what seemed to be an eternity, I left to go home and relax. Home was 5 minutes away from the school walking, and I guess now that I think about it was kind of nice living close to everything. I had 4 hours to spare until the festival so I thought I might as well use it to relax. I binged watched the New Girl and The Blacklist, until I had to get ready. My bun took 10 minutes to put up; I mean I don't think any hairdo should take that long. I made it to the festival on time waiting for Charlotte. She was 20 minutes late, but we still weren't called up for another 10 minutes so she had time to stretch.

Finally, I was on stage and I spotted my family, who had come all the way from Virginia to New York to see me perform. My sisters Gianna and Samantha, were so ecstatic to hear I was performing at the Winter festival the screamed, when I told them. I also had saw my boyfriend and my friends in the second row, looking excited. My heart started pumping real fast, and my stomach felt, how it feels when you’re on the top of the roller coaster about to go down. The music started, I had got in first position, and was ready. One jump to the left one to the right, I just kept going through the footwork in my head. Finally, I was done. I met my family and friends and chatted with them for a little bit, and then walked not far with Mason. He complemented me on my dance and said he would love to see me do one again. I was so glad he loved my dance. We started talking about our day, and then all the sudden he drops down on one knee and purposes. I was so happy words could not describe that. Of course I said yes, I would be dumb not to. He said wait here I'll get the family and friends, so of course I waited. I stood thinking about what life was going to be like with him, and then I felt this throbbing pain in my heart. I fell to the ground bleeding to death.  I realized I had been shot. There I was brown hair, fair skin, and brown eyes dead on the brick path. I tried crying for help, but all that came out was a whisper. I could feel the blood falling to the ground. Finally, Mason, my friends, and family came. They were the last thing I saw before I left.