-Chapter 4- Asking

1 card game in and the final bell rang.  Aaron was nowhere to be seen.  Marisa looked around the class once more despite knowing that.  Now that she looked around, she realized that Ferryl was nowhere to be seen either.

___________

Aaron speed-walked his younger to school.  Meeting up with Ferryl.  That stupid dream-thing messed up.  They both ran, hoping they weren't late.

Aaron hoped the dream was just a dream and nothing significant.

Ferryl didn't even know what to make of the dream.  Was it real?  Or was it all just a figment of his imagination.  Heck it could be both.

He knew Aaron, and he knew Marisa.  The other two?  Who're they?  He remembered the dream, though it was fuzzy.  Very fuzzy.

_________________

9:15 am

Ferryl and Aaron walked in the class, both holding a late slip.  They showed it to the teacher, then took their seats.  Which were in the same group as Marisa.

"Did you wake up late?" Marisa asked quietly.  They both nodded.  Aaron couldn't help imagine her as what he'd seen last night.  White curly hair, fluffy wings, and eyes literally like the sky.  How angelic.

As the class went on, Marisa bit her tongue.  She wanted to ask both boys questions, but privately.  There were 2 other members in their table group.  They would definitely overhear the entire conversation.  

As class went on, they all payed attention to what Mr. P was saying, but none were interested.  Marisa silently tapped her fingers on her desk.  Aaron was fiddling with a piece of paper.  And Ferryl absent-mindedly twirled a pencil. 

__________________

11:29am

The bell rang, signaling lunch starting.  As they all went into the crowded hall, Ferryl went to his locker, hoping whatever happened last night was fake.  If he had to embark on some sort of adventure, what would his parents say.  He knew they were strict, very strict.  But he was one in the prophecy.  He had to be with the rest.  And still, what would happen if they found him sneaking out to join Aaron and the others for that very reason.

While him and Aaron were walking, no rushing to school, neither spoke of whatever had transpired last night.  Hopefully it would stay that way.  It did.  Still, transforming into something with a heavy green palate still had him shook.  If his twin brother saw him like that, he could only imagine the various teases and somewhat friendly insults his twin would use.

Pulling his lock open and grabbing his lunch bag, he wondered what Aaron thought of his heavy red palate.

"Hey Ferryl, would you mind trying to pry open my lock?  It's stuck."

"Fine." He tugged on the lock.  It didn't open, "did you put in the password?" Aaron looked at him.

"If it opened, I wouldn't need your help."  Ferryl rolled his eyes. "Put the password in again." Aaron did just that.  The lock opened with ease.  He just stared at it.  Then he grabbed his lunch box from inside, and both boys walked to the lunchroom.

__________________

"Do you think they're ready?  They're just 11 human years old."

"I can't answer that question.  None of us know any children of that age to be sent on a quest of much importance."

"I'm just worried.  Should either of them cower, the two worlds will fall."

"Aecora would you please quit pointing out all the bad that can happen?" The blue-haired lady apologized. 

"Oh, pardon me for saying such things, Divulum."

"The fact that we are willingly letting 5 humans into our world still doesn't settle right with me." The spiky red-haired man said.

"Flagro stop being wary.  They are just kids.  Our people will teach them properly."

"Viritara I know you can see great potential in those humans, but we must remember what happened the last time we ever mingled with humans." Said the brown-eyed lady.

"Liro, even though you do not trust humans, the oracle picked those five for a reason.  Perhaps they have more potential hidden on the inside." Aecora spoke up.  Liro looked at the white-winged Elderly.

"Divilum, I can see that both worlds are soon to be in trouble.  But I cannot bring myself to trust humans ever again since they were the very beings that killed my mother." Aecora bit back a sympathetic response.  Liro had said that it wouldn't change the past, and never will.

"I just wonder when they will finally be whisked off to our world!" The Undarvi said with excitement.  Flagro just looked at her.

"You can go from all sad and downcast to bright and bubbly in an instant.  I will never get that."

"Bold words coming from someone who's always pumped for every little thing."

"Hey!" Flagro shouted at Divilum.  Viritara just smiled at the other Eldery's actions.  They could go from having a serious discussion to goofing around in just a matter of seconds.  But a part of him wondered what the humans reactions would be when they would be in this world; away from family and other friends; having to rely on each other.

What would come from it?

Guess which name matches with which Elderly if you haven't figured it our yet.