The Offspring of Hojo Amaterasu

Now, contrary to the last chapter's blazing scene, we switch to a calm and relaxing view of 2 lovely crows resting away peacefully on their nest. Everything was soothing, nothing was out of the ordinary for the Butterfly Mansion. Even three young girls were just chatting casually amongst theirselves.

"When do you think he'll wake up?"

"How should any of us know?"

"Didn't Lady Shinobu said that it has nearly been a decade since he had last been suspected conscious?"

With no sign of the red-headed boy on their large home's infirmary bed coming alive, they stared continuously until they were bored. Naho, a member of the trio, then stood up and left the room silently. However, both Kiyo and Sumi knew that their housemate was only retrieving snacks.

"Sumi," Spoke Kiyo. "Did Lady Shinobu ever gave us his name?"

Sumi thought thoroughly and recalled a faint memory. "Never, but I once unintentionally overheard her presuming him to be part of the Hojo clan."

"Should we address him as Master Hojo then?"

"Yeah, I guess so..."

Once more did the doors flew open as Naho returned bearing two rice balls on each hand with one more between her mouth. She passed the extras along her friends who were grateful at her kind gesture and sat back down her own stool.

"He hasn't awakened yet?" Naho asked.

"Of course not!" Came a muffled answered by Sumi. "You left for less than 5 minutes, what made you think that Master Hojo will suddenly come around when you get back?"

"I suppose it was only a vain hope of mine. We've been asked to watch over him for a couple of years now and yet, no progress showed whether he'll recover or not..."

All of them sighed collectively, obviously feeling down due to the situation placed in their responsibility as Butterfly Mansion helpers. 4 years ago from today, the late Flower Hashira assigned Akira to the three. And ever since then, they've made sure to take proper care of him.

Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi constantly watched over the healing demon slayer everyday. They consistently kept switching hours and took turns. Though sometimes, all their chores would've been done early and they'd have nothing else more to do but Kocho Kanae's single resounding task for them.

"Wait!" Naho thought aloud which disturbed the two other only conscious beings in the room with her. "Kiyo, Sumi, who's Master Hojo?"

"...Ah, Right!" The two eventually realised she was absent during their revelation. "Well, he's..."

***

"Akira, Akira..." A lovely voice echoed aloud inside our protagonist's head. "Akira, my beloved son, you're time is not yet up."

"I don't believe that you've met a nice woman yet to showcase for your parents, have you?" She lead the one-sided conversation with a teasing comment.

"Neither have you fulfilled that oath of yours, have you?" And continued with a more melancholic one. "I have tirelessly hoped for you to just live happily with a family of your own and be far away from demons incarnate... but now, it is nonviable."

"The road you walk on starting this moment shall be of a treacherous one, more than you've ever endured. You'll be an outcast among your peers, an outsider; perhaps even a degenerate as I know some people will go as far to label you. But sew my words and wear it proud on your heart, you are not alone! Your father and I, along with many more would stand by your side through every hardship."

"So, please wake up, Akira."

And nothing. It was still dark and Amaterasu's voice had left him all alone. Then, a gloomy image of what looked like a family of six slowly faded in Akira's spectacle. There were 3 boys, 2 girls, and 1 mother, but they all looked horrified and backed onto a corner of their tiny home.

Who were they?

Suddenly, Akira was transported into a brand new location which showed only a weird segment of an old man with an abnormal mark laid across his face standing in the middle of nowhere. He won't move, but it doesn't look as though he even can. Another came into perspective: a demon with six eyes. This one also has strange markings.

Who were they?

But finally, this third time was when Akira awakened and he woke up to the blurry sight of three young children staring right back at him. They all were sporting the same white nurse dress with only their hairstyle and bows to truly differentiate from one another.

"Who—" Akira started speaking, but failed to produce more words as he instead coughs out a storm.

"Master Hojo!" They all worriedly called in unison. "Master Hojo, are you alright?"

The case prompted Kiyo to quickly run out the room and grab a glass of water for Akira to drink, leaving Naho and Sumi to tend to him alone. "Naho, could you please call Miss Aoi over? I don't think Master Hojo is feeling quite well."

"Alright, I'll go get her now!"

In the Butterfly Mansion's left wing, we see many Mizunotos, the lowest possible ranking in the corps, being assisted by Kazanaki Aoi. She was also a demon slayer, although she mostly works as a helper rather than rushing off to the front lines, often seen wearing her slightly blue tinted uniform with a white nurse dress on top.

"Quit complaining!" Aoi harshly demanded to a stubborn boy. "You have to take these pills, unless you want to continually feel pain throughout your body."

"Miss Aoi! Miss Aoi!" She unexpectedly hears Naho yelling through the halls. "Please come quick, he's finally awake!"

He? You don't possibly mean him, do you? Wondered Aoi. If she guessed correctly, surely it was the grandest of news.