CHAPTER 17 I Don't Care Part 1

( The images used belong to the creators from Pinterest and google and are only in us to illustrate various plot points and figures within the chapter)

THIS WILL BE ONE OF AT LEAST TWO MORE CHAPTERS WHICH WILL CONCLUDE BOOK 1 

It was a tiring drive through the bustling streets of Washington DC X being the only one awake though this was the perfect time to be alone with his thoughts and to assess everything that had happened up until this point. Their journey was not one without a little bump as a shadow organization that he had known nothing about had ambushed them and while the rest escaped without injury X was suffering from a severe bruise left by one of them and it was taking a while to heal though he understood he wasn't concentrating on healing at all and how could he.

X POV

For years I promised myself that I wouldn't ever return to this wretched place, the pain it has brought me the burden of seeing where it all went wrong is causing my PTSD to kick in again and when that happens no one is safe. I look to the passenger seat and notice Irina snuggling ever so closely to my daughter, I can only imagine the fuss Ellie would create if she saw this but seeing Jodi asleep snoring away on this girl's chest is enough to make me at ease and not worry. Irina who I oddly enough nicknamed 'Ruby' because she reminds me of the stone and its properties, multidimensional, she was very annoying and over-exuberant when she was ready though for now, I'd keep her at arm's length. As for her sister Ayshi she was still bitter from how I tortured her sibling not that I apologized as I saw no reason to and we have a fond relationship of who can be the bigger ass with most times her constant yapping annoying me it's no wonder the two of them are related but it does make me wonder how or why were they sent to Earth, surely their father or whoever their siblings be must be searching for them or were they as homeless as I was when I left Hellscape. Finally, I laid my eyes in the rearview mirror to my sleeping son and to say I was concerned would be an understatement, his anger is worsening by the day, he's far more aggressive in his town and wanting to be his own person. The Hellhound spirit in him is threatening to consume him, I can only hope I'm not too late in preventing him from becoming like me. I'd never want my child to be anything like me, a burning disappointment.

END POV

It was only a couple more hours before they arrived at the household, it was just as Xavier had remembered it and was surprised at how well the house held up for all these years then again X had contacts in Washington that had made sure the mansion was regularly checked on though he figured keeping eyes likely meant surveying from a distance as the Government had a price on his head along with the rest of his family though he was of greater value for obvious reasons, he came upon then gate which was surprisingly not rusted completely over the years though as he came out of the car to push the button and open the gate yet it didn't budge and he chuckled and smashed the button to pieces forcing the gate to slide open forcing the inhabitants of the vehicle to wake up.