A Dent In Crime

It had been nearly a week since Bruce had stepped foot inside Wayne Enterprises, a building which has stood tall in the heart of Gotham longer than he has been alive. Once inside the building he could feel the cool air that was being pumped through the building via the air conditioning unit, walking past the reception area he pushes the up button for the elevator. The doors open with a ding, once its cleared of occupants Bruce steps in and presses the button for the top floor, once the elevator reaches the desired floor the door opens once more and he steps out walking towards the closed conference room. Upon seeing Bruce walk across the hallway the receptionist stood up and opened the door letting him in. Walking to the head of the table Bruce sits down in the leather chair nodding to every board member as he listens to all the snide comments they are whispering to each other. One middle aged man looks at Bruce than at a younger girl on his right saying.

‘‘I was beginning to wonder what happened to him.’’
‘’I thought he was having another romp session in Rome.’’
‘’Does he even know what’s going on with his company?’’
From his left, he hears a throat being cleared to regain everyone’s attention as Mr. Fox picks up a folder sitting on the wooden table to continue the meeting that was just interrupted a moment ago by the billionaire, playboy who owns and runs this company. At certain points of the conversation, Bruce would give his input on the situation watching everyone to see how they felt about his input before he sits back allowing anyone else that wanted to have their voice heard the opportunity to speak. Around an hour later Bruce rose at the conclusion of the meeting and stood by the floor to ceiling glass window as all the board members exited the room, once the final person was out Lucius Fox walked over placing his hand on Bruce’s shoulder for a moment before the pair turned to look out over the Gotham skyline.

‘‘Welcome back Bruce, how was your trip?’’
‘’Anything happen while I was away?’’
The two men watched the cars below go by the building as Lucius took a breath before answering the question.
"Nothing that the family couldn't handle, did Selina enjoy Paris?" A smile flashed across Bruce's face as he remembered spending not only day trips to different historical landmarks, but the passion filled night's they spent together.  "She loved it." There was a brief moment of silence before their conversation was interrupted by the Batsignal illuminating the night sky, alerting him that he was needed as Batman. He turned away from one of the few men that he had trusted with his secret identity as he walked towards his private office which was a few rooms away. Once inside he placed his right hand onto a hidden sensor which magnetically locked the office.

Now that the office was secure he walked over to one of the three bookcases in the office, reaching to the side he felt for the hidden sensor which once activated from his fingerprint initiated a full body scan. Once completed there was a mechanical hiss as the bookcase slid to the side revealing a secret room which housed a spare batsuit and gadgets. Slipping out of his black tailored suit Bruce begins to step into his batsuit, he pulled the chest piece into place before sliding his arms into the armored gauntlets. Bruce pulled the cowl over his face completing the transformation from man to Batman. A gloved finger taps the side of his cowl which opens an encrypted line to his butler Alfred who was sitting in front of the Batcomputer inside the Batcave. "Sir, it would seem that some of Two Face's henchmen are at Gotham Docks in a firefight with G.C.P.D. the Batwing will be there momentarily."

The back wall of the private room opens up allowing access to another private elevator, once inside the doors close automatically as it begins to ascend to the roof. Bruce taps the side of his cowl once more closing the line to Alfred as the elevator doors open again. He felt a cold rush of air hot his body while he stepped into the snow covered roof. His gaze lifted as he searched the night sky for the Batwing. He saw the Batwing swoop around some buildings before it arrived and hovered just over the edge of the building. As he approached a hatch popped open giving him access to the cockpit. Once he was sitting inside the hatch clicked close as he took control of the Batwing, pulling back in the joystick he flew high into the sky heading towards the Gotham Docks.