Chapter 1: prologue

Chapter 1

Long ago, in a world much different than others, the universe was plagued by an inter-species war. The ancients were battling to the death out of ignorance, and unreasonable hatred. Suddenly, psychic energy was uprising through all factions, slowly growing, to the point of insanity. These - psychics procured the ability to spawn creatures of pure evil, threatening the entire universe. For the first time in forever, every faction united to take down the Evils, but all failed. The casualties were unreal. After this, only one super-humanoid remained: The Wise One. Just before being taken down by armies of brainless zombies, in which he had first created, he transferred his power into an orb of darkness, were it would be contained until a vessel was worthy enough to posses the abilities within. He then called all peoples, living and dead, to guard over this artifact until it could be released. It has not been disturbed.....

Until Now....

Recently, the American government has discovered a way to cross between their world and ours. Upon finding this parallel universe, they discovered the orb that had been kept hidden for eons. It was horrifying to see yet another race with their hands on the orb. It consumed a man, and vaporized another, all on that round, stone altar. A man named Etrius had started it all. I thought he was the glorious vessel. How wrong I was. Out of pure fear and greed, Etrius was shot and killed by his own commanding officer, who stole the empty orb, in hopes of scraping up whatever power was left behind. Most escaped from the castle, scarred physically and mentally forever.

This is where I kick in.

Thanks to Oscar Johannson for the making of the Castle Series, and to Dividing MDH on fanfiction.com for some important background information.