Chapter 2: Sister, it Begins

Chapter 2

I am...different. Yes, I am a creature, but at the same time I'm not. I've been balancing between Evil and Ancients since I was infected, eons ago. I was only fourteen, and haven't aged a day since. Human blood is so satisfying, though. It gives off such a high that only humanity has to offer. It's been, what, days, since I've had some, but they always seem to come back until they get what they want. I was there, watching from a distant on the ceilings, as everything unfolded. The hatred, the regret, the victory that had been partially achieved from stupidity. I witnessed Etrius as he lay lifelessly on the altar, his best friend dropping to his knees, mourning over a bloody, lifeless corpse, ready to take his revenge. Even I felt sympathy. They had been chased off from the element of destruction, a perfect distraction for me to see him. The others scurried off into the distance, more foucoused on combat and flesh than me. I dropped to the floor, a great thump vibrated through my bones, as I stood up.

Etrius hadn't moved, but there was something inhuman about him. His green eyes were identical to mine, except white tinged at the edges of his irises. Nobody was around, so I thought it best to move him before somebody else got the chance. It was almost impossible to carry him down from there, he must have weighed 200 pounds. I was relieved at the sight of an inward curve of a wall, where he would be safe. I dropped him to the floor, my heart racing.

I had settled down for a moment, and looked over to him. I bit my lower lip, I could almost feel blood rush through his veins. I looked to the ceiling, with my eyes tightly closed. I sprung on him, my teeth sinking deep into his flesh, I yet again felt a light, airy rush of new blood in my veins. My breathing became deep and heavy.

I yanked my head back, blood flung back as well, his pupils began to dialate and turn a horrifying white.

I wiped my mouth as I stood up and slowly backed off, my forearms raised a little. "Sister. It begins." He said, in a low, immortal tone. It was like time slowed for a brief second, one moment I was standing, then in an instant, the world was but a white sheet of light, and I was flung back, slamming into a wall. I didn't move for what seemed like an eternity, but when my vision cleared and I was able to sit up from the cold ground, I saw him still leaned up against the wall, quietly groaning.

His condition was devastating. His former white eyes had turned blood red, his chest and face were covered in blood,completely torn and scarred, but somehow, he was still alive, starring back at me from a cross the small corridor. He tried standing, or even moving, but that proved to be more easily said than done. My hands lightly shook as I crawled near him, but he only became more scared, pushing his torn muscles to their limits, trying to inch away from me, but he hardly moved.

"Tihs, on, siht tnac eb gninnepah!" I mumbled, my hands placed on his chest. He would be our only hope at saving Ancient kind, and if he dies, so do I. What could I do? His fate was already laid out, he would die.

But then something, happened. White mist poured out of his mouth, floating and dancing in the moist air of the castle. I could only stare, but then, something started to happen, it gravitated towards me, I could even hear it speak, saying something to me, like a greeting, an introduction of what was to come.

My head tilted back, the white mist passed into my mouth, thoughts and words, picture perfect memories tuned upside down, had entered into my mind, whispering ancient words, remove the error of man, remove the error of man, over and over. Before I knew it, I couldn't even see, my vision tuned white, blinding me from whatever . For the first time in years, I fell asleep.

Vote

Comment

Share

Don't call me kid

Love y'all.