Chapter 3: Close Call

My eyes fluttered, as I regained consciousness. right across from me, lay the man, who hadn't moved

. "Oh no, Etrius." I stopped. What the fuck did I just say? Immediately, I felt a burst of energy, I saw everything about the man next to me. A voice in my head began to talk.

His name is Etrius, he came to our world upon force, and upon destiny. He lived in the nation Canada, with only a single brother, who was killed. He joined the military, and ruined his entire life. We need him to survive, sister.

Right after, his wounds were...healing. his eyes had regained their green irises, and all that remained of his wounds was blood with no evidence of why it was there. He didn't even have a scratch. My eyes opened suddenly. I didn't even remember closing them. Everything made sense now. I needed to get him back. Now.

--------------------------------------

Boomer knew already that he would never make it out of the fortress, but he had nothing else to do. So he walked. Only a few troops followed him, who were exhausted and horrified, even though it's only been a few hours since they had entered into the dead castle. Boomer paced the floor in a side corridor, while the rest leaned themselves against a wall, hopeless of finding a way out.

Boomer pulled at his blonde hair, he felt the impact of the castle even harder than I.

I need my team again.

I can't do this alone.

Ugh, dammit was this power even worth it all? What if it was... "Nothing." He whispered.

No, this better be worth something, if it costed my life. Boomer stopped. Costed. He already knew he was dead.

Give yourself to me then, mortal.

Boomer's eyes widened. He always heard multiple voices in his head, but nothing like this. The voices power seemed to shake Boomer to the core.

What? No, shut up.

You've lived in the haven of insanity, the time has come for you to step into the darkness. You're just in my head, you aren't real.

I dance in the air around you, mortal, I am very much real.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!

"Yahh!" Boomer cried, slamming his fist against a wall. The troop's eyes widened, they had never seen Boomer so angry and defeated, he always seemed so collective, despite his insane vice of destruction.

"The fuck?" One man said under his breath.

Boomer kept his face away from their view, trying to collect himself. The soldiers began to get paranoid. A young private stood up, slowly walking towards Boomer, who still had his back to them"Boomer...What is it?"

Boomer turned around abruptly. "Lets get moving, there might still be a chopper around here, maybe the west courtyard." He pulled the men on their feet and started down the hallway.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Etrius's eyes opened very slowly, I was staring down at him, as he lay on the grey floors. His eyes widened, he didn't even move, he didn't know what he was seeing.

Is she human?

No, her eyes are a little too red. She's so young, though. What's she doing here?

"Etrius," I muttered, pronouncing his name very carefully.

He pushed himself away from me, "W-how... How do you- you know my name? W-what...Are you?"

"I'm-" I stopped, looking down to the ground. I couldn't remember my name. "I... don't know." I sat down, "I don't even know my name anymore."

Etrius's eyes remained wide. "And how did you get here? You're a kid."

"I'm not a kid, " I stood up, "and I've always been here. I'm an Ancient."

Etrius paused, then looked down at his hands, remembering how badly injured he was. But he didn't have so much as a scratch. "What happened to me?"

"A lot..." I looked around, "But there isn't much time, something's stirring in this castle, and I don't think we should stick around."

"Auh..." Etrius put a hand on his head, his eyes squinting. "Yeah, uh... there might still be survivors. If we're lucky."

"You should probably lead, do you know where help might be?" I questioned, helping to pull him off the ground.

"There's a courtyard somewhere, somebody might still be there." Etrius and I began to wander deeper into the castle, in hopes of finding someone.