Chapter 4: Josiah

Chapter 3

The air in the castle was still, and moist, making my red hair appear even poofier than usual. Our slow footsteps echoed through the thick layer of darkness that accompanied us in the structure.

"I still can't Belive that I found a fourteen year old girl, wandering in a castle, in a parallel universe." Etrius imputed.

"Yeah-" I stopped dead in my tracks, I looked down, spots of dark mist started to spurt from the cracks of the floor. "Shit, we need to get out of here. Now." I grabbed Etrius's arm, and we both began to bolt away. The mist was building up with every passing moment, soon it was a struggle to run away, it was only a a few feet from our fast running feet. My pulse was racing by the time we reached a wide, empty corridor, then Etrius's pace slowed, until he stood still, gazing at a familiar figure on the other side of the crevice that had formed a while ago.

"Lloyd!!!!" Etrius screamed. Lloyd only tried to get him to leave, screaming as the mist became closer to him, but he still wouldn't leave.

"Etrius, we have to leave, now!!!" I shouted above the oncoming storm of black clouds, that came even closer to us. It wasn't until Lloyd was engulfed my darkness that we both started to run like crazy. My pace slowed when I saw that the bridge to the courtyard was broken, we would have to jump 200 feet, at least. Etrius didn't slow down though...

"You gotta jump!" He yelled through heavy breathing.

I braced myself, and pushed myself from the edge of the bridge. sound ceased to exist for a long second in time. My vision became blurred, I didn't know which direction I was pointing, I could barely see Etrius, who was keeping calm.

"Relax your muscles!" He yelled.

We were getting close to the bottom, I let my body go limp, and I closed my eyes.

Thump.

I opened my eyes, and looked at my hands, which weren't bloody or scarred, but looked perfectly fine. All of a sudden, I felt a hand on my arm, dragging me to my feet and forcing me forwards. Etrius was running as fast as he could, he let go of my arm, "Its a chopper!" He shouted. That quickened my pace.

------------------------------------------------

"Whatever you're doing, do it faster!" Boomer shouted into the cockpit of the heli, Plisskin was overwhelmed in the pool of pressure he had been thrown in these past few hours. His hands started to cramp from the abundance of wires he had to connect.

Boomer grabbed his shotgun, and glanced out of the chopper, the black mist was getting close, too close. "Ray, Mullins, help me out here!"

The chopper began to rise off the crumbling ground, but there was one more problem. A freak crawled from the ground and hopped on the chopper, Boomer jabbed its head and it fell limply to the void in the ground.

"Shit!" Boomer cursed, five or six freaks grabbed the chopper, weighing it down. Ray, Mullins and Boomer gritted their teeth as they fired endless rounds of ammo into the creature's heads. Four hands grabbed onto the choppers floors, Boomer lifted his leg, ready to smash them, then he heard, "No! Boomer!"

Boomers eyes widened. Was he imagining this? He peered over the edge, and saw Etrius and I dangling over the edge. "Ray! Mullins! Get over here!" They scurried over and lifted us onto the chopper, laying us on the floor.

"Woah wait a minute." Boomer lifted his hand, and squatted down to face me. "What are you?"

Etrius's breath was heavy as ever, but muttered, "a friend."

I smiled through my panting. I wasn't a monster to him.

Boomer stared nonetheless. "Okay, Plisskin, how long will the chopper hold out?" He said into the cockpit.

"Uh, she might get us to base,if not, we should at least get close."

I looked out the heli door. The Castle was completely destroyed.

------------------------

Meanwhile, back at base Beecher stood silently, but broodently in the General's office. Beecher stared at him as he took a puff in his cigar, slowly walks from his chair, and stands right in front of Beecher, surveying his face. Beecher felt his breath, reeking of tobacco.

"Nothing ever happened." The General threatened . Out of pure anger and hatred, Beecher spit wad of saliva on the General's cheek.

"You killed him you dirty bastard! HE'S GONE NOW AND THERE IS NOTHING, NOTHING I WILL STOP AT TO MAKE YOU PAY!!!"

"Take him to solitary confinement."

"Go to hell..." Beecher whispered.

"Once you've calmed yourself, I think you'll do just fine, you and I," the General smiled confidently.

Beecher's eyes widened, "no...no.....NO!! Don't you dare do anything!"

"Or what? Nobody is by your side anymore, I have the upper hand in this one." He nodded to a muscular blonde haired man who looked a little like Boomer, except for his jet black eyes, as he pushed a needle into the side of Beecher's neck. He was trying his best to fight off the drugs, he was pulling at his scalp, trying to stay awake, but inevitably, his eyes fluttered closed just after the General said, "You won't regret this..."

Vote

Comment

Share

Don't call her kid

Thanks to Dividing MDH on fanfiction.com for some fan-made background info, and Oscar Johannson for making the Castle series!