Volume 2; Chapter 10: Betrayal

"So.....this is where I am stuck now." Cloud said in a disappointed tone, looking around him. 

The metal walls were 5 feet thick, the floor lined with lightning dust, and there were four chains that restricted the movement of both his arms and legs.

"This feels more kinky than normal..." Cloud said, chuckling at his own humor. 

So, at this point you might be wondering how this all happened, let us rewind a bit. 

Violet looked at Fiona, stunned at what was given in her hands.

"I-I'm sorry, can you repeat that again?" Violet asked, looking at Fiona.

"What you are holding now are two things, one is a collar infused with lightning dust, the other is the remote to deactivate it. I need you to get close to Cloud and place the collar on his neck to send an electrical shock throughout his body." Fiona said, sitting down with a sigh, "I don't like handing this task over to you or even having to give it to you in the first place, but the higher-ups called for it."

"The higher-ups? Why do they think Cloud is dangerous all of a sudden?" Violet asked, processing all of this information. 

"I know you are trying to process all of this information, so I'll just send you the reason why on my scroll." Fiona said, bringing out her scroll up, typing into it, with Violet's own scroll beeping.

"Thanks, but why are you giving me this task? Aren't there...you know, people in Atlas that can do this task way better than me?" Violet asked. 

"Well, you're the one that's closest to our goat friend and....I couldn't think of anyone better." Fiona said, giving a small smile. 

"Alright, I'll...try, just make sure that they do not hurt him, okay?" Violet asked, preparing the collar, jumping back slightly as it shocked her hand. 

"I will see what I can do." Fiona said, before walking away. 

That night, Violet timidly walked over to the bed where Cloud slept in, and placed the collar on his neck. The lightning dust inside of the collar reacted instantly, shocking Cloud as he awoke in a jolt of pain.

"Violet, what in the Brothers is happening?" Cloud asked, wincing in pain as another shock of electricity coursed through his body.

Violet stood silent, even though tears were falling down her face, walking away as the collar continued to discharge courses of electricity through his body. Fighting through the pain, Cloud lifted his hands up to the collar, tearing at it, through straight metal, getting a grip and began to tear the collar off, before his hands touched the lightning dust that was infused in the collar, letting out a massive discharge of electricity and knocking him out. 

"The people of Atlas were correct, you are a monster." Violet said, horrified as she tried to justify her actions. 

The sounds of sirens were heard as Violet turned her back on Cloud, and walked out, with atlesian knights rushing in to take Cloud away. 

This, comes to where we are now, with Cloud restrained to the wall, as Ironwood looked at him through a one-way glass window.

"Make sure that it doesn't explode that energy." Ironwood said, with the scientists nodding, contraptions coming out of the wall, charging up with energy. 

With that, the sound of a sliding door opening was heard, with Ironwood looking back to see Violet walking through, rubbing her arm.

"You did a great service, Violet Rivera." Ironwood said as relief washed over his face.