o n e

Harvey's POV

My brother, Max, and I walk through London with our friends, Tom and Dobby, when Tom suggests we grab something from the coffee shop.

"Tom, if this is disgusting I swear." Dobby laughs. Max leads the way as we walk across the road. We walk inside and get in line. "Harvey, I think that girl's checking you out." Max points to a girl with brown hair and glasses.

"Please, a girl that cute wouldn't even- Next!" The employee cuts me off. We all order our items and go sit at a table. "Come on," Tom grins. "Be a man and talk to her before she leaves."

I sigh and stand up. I walk over to the girl as she stands at the counter. "Here, let me pay for your coffee." I offer. "Oh! You don't have to!" She exclaims with a smile. "I insist, here you go." I hand the money to the cashier and hand the girl's drink to her.

"I'm Harvey." "Amelia, it's nice to meet you, Harvey." Her brown eyes dance in the lighting of the coffee shop. "So, uh, do you live in London or are you just visiting?" She asks.

"Just visiting, I'm from Berkshire." I grin. "Berkshire is such a pretty place." She adds. "Yeah, I like it there." I agree. Her and I sit at the table across from my friends.

We talk for two hours before Dobby announces that we have to leave. "I'll see you around, Amelia." I wave. "Yeah, you have my number so text me!" Her sweet voice calls as I walk out the door with my friends.

"Sooo?" Max teases. "Oh, shut up!" I laugh. "You two got along!" Dobby makes kissy faces. "You two going on a date anytime soon?" Tom chuckles.

"I don't know," I rub my neck, nervously. "I wanna hang out as friends for a bit and THEN ask her on a date." "So you felt a connection!" Max exclaims. "Yeah, actually." I grin.

The whole walk back to my car is full of teasing and laughter. "I'll make you all walk home!" I holler with a chuckle. "Yeah, yeah." Tom rolls his eyes. "You know, Max," I say. "That girl that works in Nando's always asks about you when you don't come with."

"Which one?" Max's eyebrow raises. "The one you said was pretty." Tom adds. "Yeah, she once walked past our table while you were sick and she was all like 'Where's the other one? I'm used to hearing his laugh coming from over here'" Dobby shrugs.

Max's face turns red and he looks at his phone, "It's probably just cause I'm a loud person." "Or maybe she's taken interest in you." Tom nudges Max. "Let's get back to Harvey!" Max hollers.

Everyone bursts into laughter as I start the car. The entire drive home is laughing, singing, hollering, and much more chaos.

But I couldn't get her out of my mind..