t w o

Her face flashes back to my mind and I smile every time.

"Harvey?" Max yells. I snap back into reality and rub my neck nervously, "Sorry, I've got something on my mind lately." I laugh into a microphone.

Max chuckles and looks at the interviewers. "He met a girl at a cafe and she's got him... Like this." I nudge him and he laughs a bit, "It's the truth!"

"Yeah, yeah. Laugh it up, Max. Just because you refuse to pay attention to anybody doesn't mean I'm missing out on my chance to find love." I roll my eyes.

He pretends to be offended and the interview rolls on. My phone dings right as the video is cut off.

Amelia: Wanna go to the coffee shop? x
Harvey: Give me 30 :)
Amelia: See you soon!

"Max, I'm gonna head out now. I've got plans." I wave to Max and rush outside. I walk through the streets of London and finally locate the coffee shop.

I walk in and sit down.

I wait.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait.

She doesn't show.

I call Max and he answers with a "Hmm?"

"Max, can you pick me up? I'm at the coffee shop.." I sigh. "I'll be there in twenty." The call ends and I walk outside. My head hangs low and I sit on the curb waiting for Max.

I look at my phone. No new messages. Maybe she forgot to tell me there was a change of plans. "Harvey, let's go." I look up and see Max. I frown and get into his car.

I look out the window and keep silent the whole drive home. I feel absolutely crushed. "Harvey, it's one girl. Go find another one!" Max exclaims. "I don't want to! I want to find her!"

He sighs as he parks his car. I don't say another word. I just get out of the vehicle and walk inside. I go to my room and sit down. Then it hits me.

I run into Max's room and sit at his desk. I grab his journal and a pencil and start writing. "Harvey, what the fuck?" Max yells. "Why are you in here?"

"Writing a song."