part 10

September 2011

The boys had been working hard. Every day. They had worked together and written a new single called "What Makes You Beautiful."

The marketing team had a great feeling about this. It had been a year since they were formed and everyone felt their big break was coming soon. 

The were in Malibu, on one of the prettiest beaches Harry had ever seen. 

Harry looked over at Louis and bit his lip. 

Management was on to them harder than ever. And he knew after this song got out, their first real, legitimate single, things would just get tougher. 

It had been a whole year since their first kiss in Harry's room. He remembered how magical that night was, and the lump in his throat grew bigger after realizing where they were now. 

"Listen, Eleanor, I promise I'll be there okay? I know it means a lot to you! I'm just very busy and we're filming today, c'mon..." Louis paused and rubbed his hand over his forehead. "Yes, I'm still with him, Eleanor," he grunted. 

Harry bit his lip harder. Eleanor had put a huge strain on their relationship. Harry hadn't told Louis what she said to him in that room. 

He didn't know what good it would do. 

Louis put the phone away and sighed. Him and Harry had gotten into another fight last night, and they were very tense. 

"Okay, listen up, boys!" someone from the crew yelled. "Today we're going to be filming the actual music video along with the behind the scenes, alright? Alright, let's do this!"

Louis narrowed his eyes at Harry. It was starting to get very dark.

 Harry was talking to one of the girls they were filming with. She laughed loudly and brought her hand up to play with his curls. 

Louis balled his hands up into fists and stomped over to them. 

He nodded for the girl to leave, and she did, hesitantly. 

"What are you doing?" he hissed, grabbing Harry's arm. 

"What?" Harry muttered, pulling his arm away harshly. 

"And what's going on here?!" The camera crew suddenly shifted to them, making them both jump. 

"Uh.." Louis swallowed. Harry almost expected him to tell the truth. Almost expected him to say 'Harry's talking to the new girl and I got jealous.'

"Harry here has a big crush!" he yelled, throwing his arm around Harry's shoulder. 

Harry knew he had to do that. Harry knew Louis had to say that. But he had enough. It was enough that he had to watch him go on dates with Eleanor every day. 

Kiss Eleanor every day. 

Hold her, comfort her, go to her stupid events. 

Harry nodded, smiling. "I do, actually," he confirmed, laughing. The camera stayed around for a while and then moved on to Niall and Liam. 

Harry tugged his arm away once more. "I should go talk to my crush." he said. 

"Harry, what-" Harry jogged away, trying to find her once more. 

He finally did, stopping in front of her, out of breath. "Do you want to get out of here?" he said, panting. 

She smiled, looking him up and down. "Yeah, you mean, like right now?"