part 15

The album was released. It was out. The music video was out, too. 

Just like that, it was almost 2013 again. One Direction was topping each and every chart, worldwide. They were on Billboards, everywhere, media outlets everywhere were losing their fucking minds. 

And the Directioners. 

Nobody knew how the Directioners were still alive. It was crazy. 

They had gotten requests from every single talk show; Ellen, Jimmy Fallon, James Corden. Plus dozens and dozens of interview requests. 

The boys hadn't made a public appearance yet. Simon and Philip were figuring out which interviews to do and which ones to skip. 

Harry wasn't sure how to act around Louis in public. If he was too friendly, fans would immediately start shipping them again, which meant the PR team would make their life hell. 

Again. 

If they were too awkward, fans will notice the tension. 

It was a lose-lose situation, unless Harry could find a safe middle-ground, which seemed impossible. 

He grabbed a pillow and put it over his head, half-hoping he would suffocate. 

Every single time he was on his bed, he kept remembering that night.

He couldn't get Louis out of his head in the first place, and then they had sex, and now he DEFINITELY couldn't get Louis out of his head. 

He remembered Louis pressing the cigarette onto his hand, the sick sound of his skin burning. 

Harry shivered. 

What had he turned Louis into? 

The phone on his bedside table rang loudly, startling him. He took the pillow off his head and answered it, his voice gruff. 

"Hello?"

"Harry, meet me in the studio. I've called the other boys, too." Simon's voice ordered from the other end. 

"Yeah, okay," Harry said, rubbing his eyes. He hung up and got up tiredly, not sure if he was ready to see Louis again. 

When they were all gathered in the studio, Simon addressed them seriously. 

"This week, we are going to do interviews and press conferences. I've had our representatives talk to the interviewers and request them not to ask any inappropriate or personal questions, but in the end, they can ask what they want. How you guys answer, however, is something I can control,"

Harry exhaled, almost rolling his eyes. Here we go again. 

"Any questions about relationships within the five of you, you will flat-out deny or ignore. No fucking stuttering or vague answers. Just deny."

Louis clenched his jaw tightly. 

"Have I made myself clear?" Simon asked. 

The boys nodded, most of them looking at either Harry or Louis. 

"The first interview will be with James Corden. We will then move on to Jimmy Fallon, do a couple press conferences with iHeartRadio and a few Buzzfeed interviews." Philip continued, taking over Simon. 

Zayn furrowed his brows. "Those are all in America," he said. 

"The first leg of the tour is in America. We're heading there tonight," Philip answered. 

The boys exchanged eye contact with each other. Liam sucked his cheeks in. 

"That's not a problem, I hope?" Philip said, narrowing his eyes.