Chapter One

I glance around us, my heart beating erratically.

We're surrounded.

Their mangled forms come nearer, bringing the putrid smell of rotting flesh.
"Chæl?" My best friend Lexxy asked, holding her sword in a ready position.

They had backed us up into alley, littered with trash and dead bodies.

We're so dead.

I send her a small smile, my hands gripping my gun hard, my knuckles turning white.

"It's going to be okay," she assures me.

I nod my head lightly, "okay." I reply, gulping audibly.

Hearing a feral snarl, I whip my head around to see the vile, lumbering bodies barely fifteen feet away.
"Lex?" I asked shakily.

"Shhh." She said, a confused expression on her face.
"I hear something.."
She dropped to the ground, pressing her ear to dirty pavement.
Her eyes widen in fear, "Chæl!" She screeches dropping her sword and grabbing my arm, flinging our bodies too the ground just as a series of gun shots ring in the air.

BOOM!

The explosion shakes the ground pieces of debris flying through the air, landing a couple feet away from our sprawled forms.

Then silence.

"Heiko!" A masculine voice exclaims excitedly, breaking the silence.

"What?" Another voice snaps irritably.
"What the hell, Alex? I told you not to use the tnt. We're running low on supplies you dumbass!"

My brown eyes widen in surprise. People? Here? Who are they? Are they part of the Organization?

I look over at Lex to see the same expression of surprise on her face.

What should we do? I mouth at her.

She shrugs.

Thanks for nothing.

I mentally sigh, clutching my gun securely in my hand I gesture ahead of me to the sound of voices talking animatedly.
Nodding her head in comprehension, she slowly gets too her feet careful not too make any noise. I follow her lead, quietly standing up I peek over the fallen dumpster to where I had heard the voices just seconds ago.

No one.

I suddenly realize the silence. Not a sound punctured the dry, malodorous air.
Abruptly, the sound of a guns safety clicking off reverberated off of the walls of the bloodied ally.
A low throaty chuckle reaches my ears, bringing pleasant shivers down my spine.

"And who might you two pretty ladies be?"

~~~~~NOTE~~~~~

Whoever is reading this, go check out LexxyRexxy's book Year 2034! Thankkkssssss!! \(^o^)/

XoxChaelxoX