Chapt 3 - Her sorrows

The Hunter stood, his sword pointed at my chest, frozen like a statue. I felt my heart race as I waited for it to be pierced by his blade, my mind swirling with panicked thoughts as I waited for something to happen. Part of me prayed that he wouldn't kill me, another knew better.

We stood still, just staring. "You must be scared~" he purred, stepping closer, gently pressing the tip of the blade into my chest just enough for me to feel it but not draw blood.

"I'm not." I lie through my teeth, struggling to keep eye-contact as he drew closer until he was practically towering over me. He took the blade and put it up to my neck.

"That's not what your eyes say~" he murmured, leaning into my ear "You're scared- no... You're terrified" I could hear the smirk in his voice. I let out a breath I was holding back as I still struggled to come to terms with the mess I was in.

"Now, I want to play with my new toy~" He droned, stepping back and pointing his sword at me again, hovering it over my wounded shoulder. I could feel it ache without him even touching it, dread filling my stomach.

He jerked his head behind him, telling me to move it without saying a word. I distanced myself from the blade slightly before walking in the direction he told me to, the old wrecked wagon slowly coming into vision as we walked in silence.

"Turn right."

I did so, only sparing a glance towards the road, my last view of freedom disappearing from my vision as we strode through the forest. The dark trees loomed over us, seeming to block out even the skies as a comfort. Sorrow filled my heart as I knew that things were going to change forever.

HEEYYY! Sorry for SUCH a late update. Ok so this is a little teaser for the next chapter because it's been so long!! I will continue this story but updates will be slow, I'm sorry🙏 but hopefully I fed u a little bit💙

-Jay

Two edits in one day!  On one hand I'm proud, and on the other I know that if I just gave myself a schedule I'd already be done... Oh well, and we're on to chapter 4!

-Cat