ENTRY #13: NO LONGER HIS MUSE

NO LONGER HIS MUSE

Hello My dearest one! How did we get here? It wasn't supposed to end like this. We had plans. We had dreams. We still had so much to do. I thought we had so much time.
For the years I had known you, you'd been my whole life, you were everything I needed. A love that was so painful, so innocent and so misplaced. I wanted nothing but the best for us and that's not what we would receive. Instead we part our ways.
I want to move on. I want to let you go. But I don't want to stop missing you. I'm afraid to no longer miss you. It hurts to miss you. I want this pain to stop. But if I let the pain stop then you will be gone.
I know once I move on, what we were no longer will have life, like an ancient stone etched in the ground, you will become history. I'm just not ready to put your memory into the ground just yet.
I hate that I can't get you out of my head, but I don't want you to leave my mind because that's the only place I still get to hold you as mine.
I can't cast the anchor, I can't let the sail fly. I can't let your memory cast to the sea... too far into the horizon for my eyes to see.
Baby, I'm not ready to let you go just yet.
But I know its time for me to pick up every pieces of me that I broke in the process of loving you. Its time for me to try and finally say GOODBYE.