Chapter Four - The Magic of Coffee

Lucy woke up slowly. She was laying on a bed in a strange room. Her head hurt and she poked the place on her head where it felt like the pain was coming from. She winced and determined that it must be a bruise. Then Sam came into the room. He smiled at her. “Hey, you’re awake,” he said.

            “Yeah,” she said slowly. “Where are we, moose?”

            “We’re at the bunker. I forgot you were unconscious when Dean brought you in here,” Sam said.

            “Duh, I was unconscious. I was asleep,” Lucy told him.

            Sam looked at Lucy questioningly. “You go hit in the face with a pipe.”

            “Oh, so that’s where the bruise came from,” Lucy said thoughtfully. “I thought Dean just rammed my head into a door frame or something.” Lucy got up off the bed and walked toward the door. “Oh, well. That’s what I get for assuming things.” She sniffed the air. “What smells so good?”

            “Oh, Dean’s making burgers,” Sam said.

            “Yum!” Lucy exclaimed, almost jumping up and down in her excitement. “It’s been forever since I’ve had a good burger!”

            Sam looked over at her curiously. “You eat?”

            Lucy rolled her eyes. “Duh. What do you think I am, a demon?”

            “Uh, yeah.”

            “Well, I’m not. Not fully anyway,” Lucy said.

            “Oh, that answers that question,” Sam muttered.

            “What?” Lucy asked.

            “It explains why you fell asleep in the car,” Sam explained.

            “Sam, Kevin! Food!” Dean hollered from the kitchen.

            Sam got up off Lucy’s bed. “Come on, I made sure he made you one.” They walked out into the hall. Lucy grabbed Sam’s hand and took off running.

            “Lucy!” Sam exclaimed, surprised. “You’re going the wrong way!”

            “Whoops,” she said and turned around. They eventually made it to the kitchen.

            Dean had the large table set for four with food already on the plates. He looked up when Sam and Lucy rushed in. “Hey guys,” he said, turning around. “Oh, hey Lucy. Sam, did you see Kevin on your way here?”