chapter 1

The ship swayed back and forth, as the storm raged on through the seas. Y/n raced to the deck, trying not to stumble or fall over board.

"Mand the sales," the captain shouted. Men raced around crabbing ropes and steadying the deck. Y/n tried to grab on to one of the bows, but just as she was about to grab hold, a wave washed over deck cap siding the ship.

Various screams filled the air as everything was shoved under water. Y/n tried to swim back up to the surface, but was hit by a loose blank. The last thing she remembered was before blacking out, was taking hold of the locket around her neck.

(Time skip by the revolutionaries)

Y/n's POV-

As I pride my eyes open I was blinded by a bright light. Then I was hit with reality as the memories of earlier raced through my head. At first I thought I was dead, but as the water started to clear from my ears I could hear the sound of the waves gently crashing on the shore.

I looked around to find myself washed up on a beach. I tried to stand up but ended up slipping on the sand. "Crap..." I mutter to myself.

Oh where are my manners, hi my name is y/n l/n, I'm 18 years old, and I'm looking for a better life. Which is why I was on that boat, I was headed to the colonies. I was originally from a small island past Britain on the far end of the Pacific. My parents passed when I was 6 and I've been on my own ever since.

I've learned to be against the world, seeing as though the world thinks women are baby makers and house wifes. I've always been incredibly smart and out spoken, which is usually frowned upon and unusual for a woman.

I've always wanted to make a change, help alot of people, and show everyone what a women can do.

Anyway back to my current situation, "Where the hell am I?"

As I dust of my partly ripped dress, and rinse out my h/c hair, I got up and started to walk up the little hill.

Once I got up to the top I saw what looked like a fairly busy town. As I walked down the streets I couldn't help but notice the stairs I was getting. That's when a certain shop caught my eye. "Mulligan's Tailor shop," the sign read.

"Perfect" I muttered, as I walked through the door.

Author's Notes-

Ok guys this is my first time writing on wattpad, and I'm sorry if it's bad. I'll try to make the next chapter longer. Bye!!!!!

460 words

- D.J.